Post Likes

CCN and iVu Guru's?

Hey guys I have a customer that has a ccn with iVU system and on the network there are 12 carrier rtu's with premier link controllers and there are (4) 6400 devices running the exhaust fans and evap cooler's. Its a Government customer and they've said they need to have this emergency plan where they would "hit a panic button and it cause the shut down of all RTU's"

I seen in my service tool that there is a fire shutdown in the settings for the premier link devices so I figure there is a contact on the premier link that I could wire that into but my question is there a better way to do this or "globally" on the network somehow just using one panic button kill all of the rtu's?
    I wasn't sure if I could broadcast the one panic button somehow to all of them or to all of the rtu's "fire shutdown" point. I haven't spent to much time just yet on it and wanted to see what some others have done for things like this. they said they really want 1 button if possible
    Any help is much appreciated
    thanks

Post Likes
    I'm not sure if this could be done thru the network to premier links, but you're right about the fire shutdown point. It's a hard wired contact between J4-7 and J4-8. However it says it doesn't function if the premier link is being used in the thermostat mode. Then you just have to interrupt 24vac to the unit.
    You could probably put an input point into a 6400 from the panic button, send it out to the other 6400's over the network, and have each of those 6400's have a hard wired shutdown relay to the RTU's in the area.
    Other than that, I'm not sure if you could do it over the network to the Premier Links. I don't think you can put a best program into the plinks, but I'm no expert on CCN!

Post Likes
    Thanks bacnet>. That's helpful and gives me some things to try and other ideas. I still wondering if it could be maybe broadcast and have it point to that fire shut down for each units?
    Thanks again for taking time.

Post Likes
    You should be able to have the 6400 send NETOUT commands that are tied to a Hardwired DI. The NETOUT should be able to write to the Fire Shutdown over the network as long as it is a R/W point. If it isn't you should be able to find another point in the Plink to do this with.

The drawback to this is that it is dependent on the network being fully operational at the time of an emergency. If something during their emergency condition also could interrupt the network then the commands may not all make it out where they need to and result in the shutdown not working when you actually need it to.

Post Likes
    You can globally broadcast a single point from a CC6400 only if the point name is the same in all controllers needing it and the point is writable. The fire shutdown (FSD) in Plinks is a network writable point.

We do a lot of shutdowns like this, especially in my area as we have a lot of government buildings. We also have private sector clients that require shutdowns in the event of an airbourne attack.

Typically we put the shutdown software point in one CC6400, then have it broadcast the shutdown to the network.

Since you just have PLinks to shutdown, you just need to create one software point for the end user to use in a CC6400. Then create one broadcast algo which will broadcast to FSD in the PLinks. In the CC6400 broadcast algo, set the broadcast bus number to 241 and element number to 241 in the config. With these bus/element numbers it will be a globally broadcasted and be received by all Plinks and controllers with a point name of FSD even I they are on different bus's.

If you need to shutdown equipment in the CC6400's. Create a software point named FSD in the CC6400's, then interlock this point to everything you need to turn off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

6. Likes mcguire07 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'll give that a shot thank you guys for posting and giving me some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk