Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Oh!!! This should be good

Let's see now, a DIYer who hasn't even properly adjusted the charge on a system is now going to attempt adding txv's with the guidance of Goodman's tech support. What was that Queen song about dust?
    I'm wondering where he got a torch set, brazing rods, recovery machine, vacum pump, filter dryer...

Around here, just about any supply house will sell then to the general public.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I just love people who want to over engineer a system because they didn't know how to properly set it up in the first place. Most times I come across a tech who wants to fix an issue with a system by installing a txv I find that not only would a txv not resolve the issue but they simply did not set up the equipment properly in the first place. And yes, I am willing to bet that something is not operating properly.

I'm sure gonna miss this one. I am really broken hearted that this one will never come back to H-Talk because he doesn't like me....ohhhhh the guilt I am feeling.....

Then again, yes, I would certainly have been willing to help out if this poster had actually posted anything even remotely worthwhile rather then his off the wall thoughts for curing what is most likely not what he thinks is even happening. We don't even have a model number of the indoor coil to work with. My first guess would be that the poster bought either a matching indoor coil/AH which would have had a piston that is too large for the outdoor unit and the blower is oversized or he bought an indoor coil/AH with the nominal sizing for a 10 SEER unit that is too small for the CPLT it is matched to.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    And if he paid for them just to install one system then he is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by digital686 View Post
    And if he paid for them just to install one system then he is an idiot.
    But he saved a lot on the install labor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by digital686 View Post
    I'm wondering where he got a torch set, brazing rods, recovery machine, vacum pump, filter dryer...
    Filter/drier comes with the CPLT (internally mounted). However, if the lineset and coil were not properly evacuated, there is a good chance that the OEM filter/drier is partially blocked.

I'd love to know what the operating data is on this system. Who knows, he may have lucked out and it may actually be operating properly. Temperatures, pressures, voltages and amps would certainly be nice to know though.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    You can guy that stuff in Home Depot and Lowes, also right in your home town.

i realy dout he spent the money needed to buy a reclaimer and just dumped the charge.

after all we caused so much green house what harm is a nother 5 to 10 pounds gonna do

Chlorine in pools do more damage than we do....
    How big do u think his is?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I think the point would be that HVAC professionals are forced to be responsible with refrigerants while there is no teeth in organizations that come down on HVAC pros to do anything about DIYers doing the same thing.

Loop holes---Just like get'n 134a down at wally world with no EPA card required..

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I resent that....poorly maintained pools contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by carlb23 View Post
    While I am not a licensed HVAC "tech" I do design large scale photovoltaic arrays for business and commercial use
    You might as well have said you were a brain surgeon.

Because either one is completely incompetent to do this work without proper training and experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast