Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding TXV to goodman heatpump

Post Likes
    i realy dout he spent the money needed to buy a reclaimer and just dumped the charge.

after all we caused so much green house what harm is a nother 5 to 10 pounds gonna do

Post Likes
    Chlorine in pools do more damage than we do....
    How big do u think his is?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I think the point would be that HVAC professionals are forced to be responsible with refrigerants while there is no teeth in organizations that come down on HVAC pros to do anything about DIYers doing the same thing.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Loop holes---Just like get'n 134a down at wally world with no EPA card required..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I resent that....poorly maintained pools contribute.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by carlb23 View Post
    While I am not a licensed HVAC "tech" I do design large scale photovoltaic arrays for business and commercial use
    You might as well have said you were a brain surgeon.

Because either one is completely incompetent to do this work without proper training and experience.

Post Likes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by carlb23 View Post
    Robowanabeetech,

You can take you pompous attitude and stick it up your A**. While I am not a licensed HVAC "tech" I do design large scale photovoltaic arrays for business and commercial use to help reduce the green house gases that so called HVAC tech's have vented into the atmosphere over the years.

When someone comes to me asking questions about maybe putting PV's on their house to help reduce their dependence on electricity made from fossil fuel or to just help reduce their energy consumption I don't give them attitude and think I am better than them I give them answers based on my years of experience in the field that I was trained in.

I am not so insecure that I feel I have to give smart A** answers to people who ask questions.

Ban me if you like because I will never visit this forum again.

Carl
    Come on Robo lighten up, It's not like he was asking how to convert his Furnace to burn Hydrogen or something. For crying out loud.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What was that Queen song about dust?
    I think that song was by Kansas..."Dust in the Wind"...unless you're thinking about a Queen song I don't know about (which is possible, since I don't intentionally listen to that group's works ).

I agree with you, Robo...if the system is a proper match and installed correctly, and the tech is a little patient, he can make a fixed restrictor system sing when it needs to. I prefer TXV's...I think they're better for performance and compressor longevity...but if all you wanna do is "run what ya brung", then it's imperative to either find the correct info or the correct person to get you there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by robertc65 View Post
    Come on Robo lighten up, It's not like he was asking how to convert his Furnace to burn Hydrogen or something. For crying out loud.
    Yea; you're right. What was I thinking?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    I think that song was by Kansas..."Dust in the Wind"...unless you're thinking about a Queen song I don't know about (which is possible, since I don't intentionally listen to that group's works ).

I agree with you, Robo...if the system is a proper match and installed correctly, and the tech is a little patient, he can make a fixed restrictor system sing when it needs to. I prefer TXV's...I think they're better for performance and compressor longevity...but if all you wanna do is "run what ya brung", then it's imperative to either find the correct info or the correct person to get you there.
    "Dust in the Wind" works too, but I was thinking about this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo
    Training is important!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in