honeywell stats gone rogue

anyone ever heard of these kinds of problems with these stats??????

2 stats, 2 problems i havent seen or heard of before.
    1st one was a honeywell t-7300. After the spring startup was done, there were two problems with units being locked out in the morning and not working. After troubleshooting a machine in one of my buildings.I suspected that the stat would randomly come on in the middle of the night and lock one of the units off on high pressure (towers and pumps are shut down). The occupied/unoccupied times and temperatures were correct for each day. Customer didnt want to buy a new stat so i installed one of those mechanical paragon time clocks to break the Y wire when the pumps and tower are off at night. It solved the problem.

second stat was a honeywell t-7350. same deal. came in and unit locked out every morning. ok terrific. Problem with this was that when the unit switched to unoccupied, it copied the occupied temp setting of 73 degrees (unoccupied was set to 99 degrees). At a glance all the programming for dates times and temps were correct to keep the unit on during the day and off at night when the towers are down. replaced the stat, programmed to same times, and waaaallllaaaaa, works great

also, im not crazy about needing a pda to set the heat pump settings for the o/b terminals on this either....

Spelling errors are pretty funny at times. I was wondering why a t-stats rosy color would offend anyone.

Need to watch more X-Men; Rogue would not be pleased with being called rouge.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Did you check both occupied and unoccupied programs? As in there are more than one on both models.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Spelling errors are pretty funny at times. I was wondering why a t-stats rosy color would offend anyone.

Need to watch more X-Men; Rogue would not be pleased with being called rouge.
    Just for you Robo...I fixed it (And I thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Did you check both occupied and unoccupied programs? As in there are more than one on both models.
    yes occupied 1 and 2 and unoccupied 1 and 2. i checked that they were only programmed with occupied 1 and unoccupied 1.
    And senior tech thanks for the edit, its one thing to misspell in a post, but to do it in the title, ouch
    sometimes i amaze myself, for the better and for the worse

I've always put unoccupied 2 to 12AM, and left occupied 2 blank. I don't know if it is necessary, but just something I've always done. Actually I recall one of the techs I trained under taught me to do that.
    Last edited by crab master; 06-21-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Also are you sure there is no heat source near the stat that may be causing the issue - sun shinning on the stat in the early/late hours, water cooler, coffee maker, monitor/other under/near the stat?

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Also are you sure there is no heat source near the stat that may be causing the issue - sun shinning on the stat in the early/late hours, water cooler, coffee maker, monitor/other under/near the stat?
    nope nothing like that, small 3 room office the stat is mounted on wall in middle of room, there is nothing that would cause any temp fluctuations. i did have my thermometer turned on at the time when i was looking at the stat, and when i reached to turn it off, it was measuring the same temp as the stat was.