Thread: New IQ Drive Installation

Post Likes

New IQ Drive Installation

My new home is in the HVAC rough in stage now. Having 4 Nutone 23 SEER IQ Drives installed. Overheard the HVAC technician say that this was the first IQ system he has installed and I asked him about that and he said he had been to the training classes and that it wasn't much different from a standard install.

Those that have installed them before, Is there anything I need to look for or be aware of while it is still in the rough in stage to make sure I will get all the benefits of the higher efficiency and comfort from our new system. Hate to feel like I am going behind my builder and HVAC contractor's back but it is my retirement home and I do owe it so myself to make sure I double check.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    For a new home ,correct size(not too large/small),duct sizing ,and duct leakge ,would be critical to me.So I ask about those.

hopefuly they used Manuals J,S, and D,from www.acca.org

Plus add better filters,minimum of 4" thick pleated installed at the equipment.If you ask about better filters,get the quote ,then ask if the duct sizes need to be larger due to the restriction of the filter.If they say no,chances are your ducts weren't sized right to start with,as the restriction makes a difference.

Post Likes
    Thanks, thats great advice. And yes we are having an Aprilaire 5000 installed on each unit. Using JPL flex insulated flex duct. They did do a Manual J S & D and am sure we are sized right. (plus a little) The IQ can ramp down so I said go a little more not less if we were borderlined and the units can just run at lower cycles.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Sounds good!

Now you need a great install crew and tightly sealed duct system.

Best of luck on you HVAC systems and retirement!

Post Likes
    Control wires.... They were very insistent on the type of control wires. If they have been to the class they will know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in