Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carrier Evaporator Coils

Post Likes

Getting Desperate

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, it's been a year since this thread was started. In checking out the coil leakage problems nationwide it seems that the two manufacturer's with the most problems were Carrier and York. Both companies had the faulty coils manufactured in Mexico. York has moved their coil manufacturing back to the states and the leak issues have resided. Carrier coils are still manufactured in Mexico.

Then there are the condensate leak issues with the Carrier "N" style coils. In the words of a most famous H-Talker; Carrier....what a mess!
    Robo, Thats funny I have not had 1 problem with A coils and N coils made by Carrier. I swear in the last 2 years, so are you getting desperate to convert some dealers, are you just dreaming again that wish you had stayed with Carrier and wished you had not lowered your standards in selling the other crap.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    Robo, Thats funny I have not had 1 problem with A coils and N coils made by Carrier. I swear in the last 2 years, so are you getting desperate to convert some dealers, are you just dreaming again that wish you had stayed with Carrier and wished you had not lowered your standards in selling the other crap.
    Are you just ignoring all of the other posters? I sell luxaire, made by York. I've had to deal with this problem as much as the Carrier guys have. You can't just claim that problems don't exist. Carrier still has several problems with their coils as they have had for years. Why else would Carrier have had after market vendors such as Superior manufacture their rated coils for them for so long?

At least other manufacturer's own up to their issues.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

So Why am I not seeing it

I do over 180 units last year and No coil problems that I can remember. I have seen their hydronic coil being built in Indy and the QA that goes with it, but not the mexican A/C coils. I am not trying to say that I have not heard of any coils problems, just they are no higher than anyone elses. I wish they never had left the state, but Carrier is moving lots of their factories south or over seas inwhich we will probably see quality drop. The tin coated coils have a 10 year warranty. I thought you were a Goodman TM

Post Likes
    I haven't worked for Goodman in over a year.

I sell several different brands of equipment now, in air to air, wet stuff, geothermal and solar.

The point is that Carrier and York have both had more coil leak issues then any other of the brands. It happens. Every brand has it's pit falls.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Lots of Carrier leakers here also, around the 10 year mark, but they have fancy thermostats, so that makes them better, right?

Post Likes
    Actually that fancy controller is a big part of comfort. What do you think the most important think people are thinking of efficiency and comfort.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Post Likes

York Coils?

I am trying to get dual fuel bids and just had a York dealer tell me he just this week decided to give them up. Unfortunate, because I really wanted to talk to York due to the nice features in their high end systems.

I realize that the posts come from many different dealers of different brands and their prejudices will show, but I am CONFUSED. First Carrier coil problems then York problems. What does a customer have to insist on when making high 4 figure investments? What kind of warranties do we need to cover ourselves for at least 10 years on this amount of money?

HELP!

Post Likes
    The leak problems are on all brands. I would look into 10 year parts and labor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    I am trying to get dual fuel bids and just had a York dealer tell me he just this week decided to give them up. Unfortunate, because I really wanted to talk to York due to the nice features in their high end systems.

I realize that the posts come from many different dealers of different brands and their prejudices will show, but I am CONFUSED. First Carrier coil problems then York problems. What does a customer have to insist on when making high 5 figure investments? What kind of warranties do we need to cover ourselves for at least 10 years on this amount of money?

HELP!
    any brand can leak mister, get the recommendation of neighbors, co workers, friends etc... if they like what they have or like the installation they got, thats 90% of the sweat factor right there. there isn't a magic answer to your question any more than there is a magic brand. practice patience and don't forget to get a 10 year p&l on any system you decide on. maybe then your mind will give you some peace.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    Actually that fancy controller is a big part of comfort. What do you think the most important think people are thinking of efficiency and comfort.
    No doubt that comfort from controlling temperature and humidity simultaneously is a good thing. That is why I just love the new Honeywell wireless controls that turn any two stage variable speed system even better control then the Infinity does and with easier set up.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post

I realize that the posts come from many different dealers of different brands and their prejudices will show, but I am CONFUSED. First Carrier coil problems then York problems. What does a customer have to insist on when making high 4 figure investments? What kind of warranties do we need to cover ourselves for at least 10 years on this amount of money?

HELP!
    I don't really know why it would make a difference but both York and Carrier coils with issues have been manufactured in Mexico. Now that the York coil production has been moved back to the U.S., the coil issues for York have greatly decreased. Maybe that Mexican water makes coils as crappy as it makes people
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Not Really

No doubt that comfort from controlling temperature and humidity simultaneously is a good thing. That is why I just love the new Honeywell wireless controls that turn any two stage variable speed system even better control then the Infinity does and with easier set up.
    It is the exact same features yet Infinity will do alittle more and half the price. I just read information and theyare $400 + The high definition is nice and I like the wireless outdoor sensor and room control. But the Infinity is also a service tool and shows alittle more features on furnace and a/c status. Oh can you acces you house temp and control it via, phone or internet. I can also adjust any fan speed or staging for better humidity removal. I didn't see that feature on the honeywell wireless control. I thought honeywell was a controls company and Carrier was a equipment company, not bad for a equipment company.

Post Likes
    It is the exact same features yet Infinity will do alittle more and half the price. I just read information and theyare $400 + The high definition is nice and I like the wireless outdoor sensor and room control. But the Infinity is also a service tool and shows alittle more features on furnace and a/c status. Oh can you acces you house temp and control it via, phone or internet. I can also adjust any fan speed or staging for better humidity removal. I didn't see that feature on the honeywell wireless control. I thought honeywell was a controls company and Carrier was a equipment company, not bad for a equipment company.
    You are looking at the higher costing system for zone control. You can get the wireless controls with wireless outdoor stat witout the high def screen for a lot less.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    You are looking at the higher costing system for zone control. You can get the wireless controls with wireless outdoor stat witout the high def screen for a lot less.
    Yah but thats the only reason why I would Install them.The Infinity has zone control and ready and are still cheaper by alot. They are nice and am going try try one here soon.

Post Likes
    Yah but thats the only reason why I would Install them.The Infinity has zone control and ready and are still cheaper by alot. They are nice and am going try try one here soon.
    Unfortunately you still have to use the Infinity control with a leaky Carrier.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Will Be waiting

Unfortunately you still have to use the Infinity control with a leaky Carrier.
    Has not been a problem and will continue to monitor, are you sure you guys in the south are not using 3/4" screw and are piercing them and blaming the manufacture.

Post Likes
    Has not been a problem and will continue to monitor, are you sure you guys in the south are not using 3/4" screw and are piercing them and blaming the manufacture.
    Well, you know those of us who don't sell Carrier products do sell a lot of longer screws to Carrier dealers
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Ah Ha

I figured that was the preoblem!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in