Why must everything be built like junk nowadays?
anyone else have problems with all of the new cond. fan motors in the larger older styled equipment?
I have some custies with older equiptment that keeps eating our replacement mortors. some of these units still have the 1970's original motor and blades in them kicking away yet the replacements are dying left and right.(about 1 or 2 a year) bad bearings.
1. i did pull the proper drain plugs
2. installed with proper voltage, and amped out after every install.
3. proper capacitors installed
4. have suggested to custie to buy phase protection multiple times to reduce problems.
5. replaced fan blades with motors.
6. proper rotation
I realize that this building has occasional brown outs and blackouts, but why dont the older motors have the same problems? drysucker (motor distributer) says that they have different tolerances on the bearings these days. but they don't carry motors with the old school bearings.