Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
    Self contained Portable Nuclear generator sounds good, kinda like a package unit I guess, where do I order one of these puppies? Will I have to have a EPA/NATE certified tech to be on stand by at all times to operate it for me or what?
    ...and the occaisional visit from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Dude

Don't they already make a hydrogen furnace? It's called a fuel cell. Produces heat and electricity.......... oh and water.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by air-doctor View Post
    ...and the occaisional visit from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission Dude
    Only if you want to end up on a watch-list

But seriously, we need to think in the near term that hydrogen is a transportable version of energy. Its not automatically economical or clean. Its not something you drill for, or pump out of the ground, harvest, etc. Right now we must generate it from other sources.

In Japan select residences can lease a hydrogen fuel cell that generates electricity. But guess how they're generating the hydrogen...

Drum roll please...you also lease a natural gas to hydrogen converter. So what's the economic and environmental cost-benefit of that?

How about a hydrogen powered bicycle...propelled by burning hydrogen, which is genrated by elcetricty from pedaling a generator. I'm sure there's a market for it.

I've figured a method to convert corn to electricity. If I eat 2.6 pounds (1000 calories) of corn, I can generate 305 Watts of electricity on a stair machine for one hour (while burning exactly 1000 calories). Lets see... see to run my 5 Ton AC, I would need 12 people pedaling and 310 pounds of corn / hour. This leads me to conlude that AC is a luxury only 1 in 13 can afford globally.

on a bike at 1000 cal/hour that would be about 19 MPH, for one hour or 61.5 miles per gallon of corn. Lookout Honda !!

Now I'm way off subject, but so were you guys.

ok.. this will put you closer to the subject at hand

http://www.nrel.gov/hydrogen/proj_wind_hydrogen.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12