Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    personaly i think the wall of pride is in order for this install

some persanal preferances i would like to see but that should not take away the craftmanship and care this guy seems to have put into this job

you made a good choice and your installer shows he cares and has class

JMHO
    My install is "A" and I told the installer that his install was going to be a available for viewing on hvac-talk, and I think he took some extra care. I will forward him this link. They spent 2 days on the install and then their foreman came by for another hour or two a week later to confirm that I was happy with everything and answer questions on the furnace and thermostat. Excellent service! They did mention to me how to take care of the condenser and that I could take the top off/showing how i could hose it down from the inside.
    So far I am very pleased with the air conditioner (obviously haven't used the furnace).The thing that struck me between the 2 installs is how they dealt with the condensate coming out of the furnace differently. My guy "furnace A" used a much more complicated pipe arrangement, while "B" is very simple. My installer says he installed totally to Rheem specifications, so that would be mean B install is not to spec. B has a air conditioner, as well although not a Rheem.

Quote Originally Posted by yazza View Post
    My install is "A" and I told the installer that his install was going to be a available for viewing on hvac-talk, and I think he took some extra care. I will forward him this link. They spent 2 days on the install and then their foreman came by for another hour or two a week later to confirm that I was happy with everything and answer questions on the furnace and thermostat. Excellent service! They did mention to me how to take care of the condenser and that I could take the top off/showing how i could hose it down from the inside.
    So far I am very pleased with the air conditioner (obviously haven't used the furnace).The thing that struck me between the 2 installs is how they dealt with the condensate coming out of the furnace differently. My guy "furnace A" used a much more complicated pipe arrangement, while "B" is very simple. My installer says he installed totally to Rheem specifications, so that would be mean B install is not to spec. B has a air conditioner, as well although not a Rheem.
    Check the inside of the skins in a year and than make up your mind about where debris have a place to be flushed out.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by yazza View Post
    Is that for the "A" jpg or "B" jpg?
    Also what do you think about the different approaches on the exterior of the houses?
    B looks worse due to the filter ,but A is about the same ,but cant tell if that is a filter exterior to the furnace or not.

So either one we'd suspect high static.

Are those furnaces sitting directly on the concrete? Should have installed some pads.

Blind

I don't see return air restriction.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by achtgman View Post
    I don't see return air restriction.
    The type elbows used are more restrictive than what could have been used .In be there will be a lot of turbulence entering the filter ,which will increase the PD thru the filter.

The filter could have been installed horizontially in the drop,with a proper transition to and from its size .

Typically the filter shown is being addd to a duct system that likely wasn't designed for the PD ,so not minimizing the PD is usually a bad idea.

I didn't look, but I think that ell is something like 65 foot of E.L.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    The exhaust pipes, I'm not a fan of that two pipes with no elbow of some type..

Why is the other one going to Mars???
    It is a new code, many are un-aware of, All 90% pvc flues must terminate within 18'' of mars.

Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    It is a new code, many are un-aware of, All 90% pvc flues must terminate within 18'' of mars.

i heard it was an agreement with the Marsians because they need the warn humid air for their dry skin

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    i heard it was an agreement with the Marsians because they need the warn humid air for their dry skin
    Tinknocker please. Some of us are HUGE si fi fans. It's Martian not Marstians.

That condenser just won't get washed as good as it should......otherwise install(s) look good. Everyone will find something they'd do different, someone will say the color doesn't match the house.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    That condenser just won't get washed as good as it should......otherwise install(s) look good. Everyone will find something they'd do different, someone will say the color doesn't match the house.
    Yeah but this poor HO thinks hes gonna be free and clear by just rinsing it from inside the condenser fan opening. And thw way it's installed (no offense to the installer) there is going to heavier than normal build up
    with no place for the debris to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Tinknocker please. Some of us are HUGE si fi fans. It's Martian not Marstians.

watching sci-fi right now

sorry spell check didnt help either lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast