Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trane CVHE

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    Your trying to tell me there is no adjustment on a vane actuator rod on a centravac?????????????????????????? Put down your slide rule and abacus and go and look at a chiller !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You miss the real point every time, adjustment or not what's the differance, I already explained and asked you to consider the effects on adjusting the vanes?
    Before I get really technical just consider my last points/ questions on the effects of adjusting the vanes, on a CVHE/F/G? and what the m/c effects would be?
    Regards

You obviously have no practical chiller experience at no point did I tell him to make a permanent vane adjustment I merely pointed out that leading the vanes would stop the low load surge . Thats the root of his problem NO LOAD . I dont care what you do with the tower water NO LOAD is exactly that no amount of engineering gobbledy gook can fix that

Is this chiller 32? You already posted several times bashing people. Maybe you need to go to an engineering site where you can stand amongst the gods and discuss the poor plebs at this site. Pat each other on the back, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by edward j View Post
    You miss the real point every time, adjustment or not what's the differance, I already explained and asked you to consider the effects on adjusting the vanes?
    Before I get really technical just consider my last points/ questions on the effects of adjusting the vanes, on a CVHE/F/G? and what the m/c effects would be?
    Regards
    Last edited by absrbrtek; 06-24-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Oy,engineers

Those that can do, those that can't become engineers!
    Just kidding. . . . there are some fine engineers.

I agree with tex, there is no real mechanical difference between a 'low end' and 'high end' surge. When I was schooled about centrifugal refrigeration, I recall being taught something along the lines of this: The surge point is simply the spot on the curve (just like a pump curve, as that is all it is, "simply pumping a compressible fluid" )where a wheel will no longer be able to produce it's rated 'lift' at a constant tip speed. Lift is the amount of pressure increase that the wheel can produce in 'lifting' the pressure from point a to point b. If, for instance, the wheel was designed to be able to lift 50psi, then anything over that will result in chocking flow and then surge where the high pressure difference will cause momentary backward flow thru the wheel- pumping stops until the pressures equalize, or at least drop down to below 50 psi, at which time pumping will resume untill reaching over the wheel's capacity again. . . and over and over again. So, if your centrifugal pump is rated at fifty, it doesn't matter if you're going from 0-50 or 1000-1050psi. Also, again, low or high end doesn't matter. . . 0 to 65 or -45 to 10. Same difference.

Anyway, just my way of describing it. Oh, well.
    I do think that the 'smarter than the rest of us types' should be a little more humble and a little less confrontational.

I really did not expect the thread to go this way....Thanks to all the input and I got the problem solved. Edward really nailed it with condenser relief / temperature and I backed what he was explaining about condenser relief with Trane factory and Trane publication. I learned a lot from this job.....good stuff

...I have been in the refrigeration industry for over 35 years, I have experience on all types of systems and a full knowledge of of every aspect of our industry...
    i would think that you must actually be about 400-500 years old in order to have a full knowledge of "every aspect" of our industry. this is a big industry, and i do not believe that anyone could actually have a full knowledge of every aspect within 35 years. i do not think that anyone could have a full knowledge of every aspect of any of the niche areas within 35 years. i have no doubt that you love this industry (as do i, my wife believes that i have duct work for veins and refrigerant for blood )...but spouting your years of service and how great you are does very little for me...it makes me think that maybe you are 13 years old and decided to have some fun with the old farts on this site.

The 17 deg F. is pretty much the given point for the lvg c.w to the ent cond wtr before the unit will start to lose oil, the reason being is that the oil will migrate to the evaporator because there is not enougth pressure/temperature differential in side the machine/oil tank, and since the oil and refrigerant are mixed the oil is carried into the evap.
    Regards
    i did not think that "pretty much" was an engineering term.

i think that you should be careful about giving out technical advise for "in place chillers" versus "theory of engineering chillers". i have several chillers that will lose their oil with 40F difference between "leaving chilled water" and "entering condensor water". i also have some that wont seem to lose a drop of oil with a difference of 12-15F. every chiller is different and so every chiller problem has to be dealt with on a case by case basis. it does not appear to me that you have a firm grasp on how the Trane CVHE/F loses oil or does not lose oil. i think that you have a grasp on the theory but not the practical. theory is what you deal with in design, practical is what we deal with in service.

while i understand your intentions are kind hearted and for the good of all...edward j...but we (service personnel) have to deal with very specific issues "as they are given to us and as they exist in the real world". while i do not necessarily disagree with some of the info in your posts, i would ask that you consider how the real world exists...poor maintenance practices, improper controls, aggressive controls, sluggish controls...(do i have a problem with controls????)...oversized chillers, undersized towers, wrong flow rates...you get my point...i think providing very technical theory is great, but please label it as theory.

graham, let him go. you work in quite a different world than edward j does.

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    Is this chiller 32? You already posted several times bashing people. Maybe you need to go to an engineering site where you can stand amongst the gods and discuss the poor plebs at this site. Pat each other on the back, etc.
    you really think that he moved to UAE in order to get back on here? i think that this guy is still not "bashing" enough for 32...nah...couldn't be him. of course, after reading my post...

good luck.
    "Mother" is the name for God on the lips and hearts of children....The Crow

Centrif

Jayguy,
    Your comments are noted and there is no need for me to respond to them, however my in put resolved the problem and if it Pd off a few people I' m sorry.
    If you had read into the series of comments AFTER what I posted you would have probally also responded in a similar manor because what I got back from all the so called SERVICE TECHS (or shall we say primma donnas) was engineers don't know nothing. Sadly to say our industry is full of such people they talk the talk and do nothing and when they are approached they get very defensive.
    So I stired up the hornets nest a bit, have a great day and go rod out few tubes as they say in the west.

... however my in put resolved the problem...
    oh, i am happy that the problem was resolved for ej45 (esp. since he is a steeler fan like me ).

i just wanted to make it clear that both sides of the "fence" have issues to deal with...good and bad. sometimes, we have to stick to our side of the fence (i wish it were not like that, but there are too many technical details to deal with to learn it all).

UAE...United Arab Emerites, correct?

good luck.
    "Mother" is the name for God on the lips and hearts of children....The Crow

Centrif

Jayguy,
    I did not want to include my location so I used an abbreviation UAE, of the company I'm with, I'm in the US.
    Take Care and Regards

Jayguy,
    If you had read into the series of comments AFTER what I posted you would have probally also responded in a similar manor because what I got back from all the so called SERVICE TECHS (or shall we say primma donnas) was engineers don't know nothing. Sadly to say our industry is full of such people they talk the talk and do nothing and when they are approached they get very defensive.
    Oh Boy!

Clear hoses for oil checking.

wrong post, sorry
    Last edited by ej45; 06-26-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    oh, i am happy that the problem was resolved for ej45 (esp. since he is a steeler fan like me ).

i just wanted to make it clear that both sides of the "fence" have issues to deal with...good and bad. sometimes, we have to stick to our side of the fence (i wish it were not like that, but there are too many technical details to deal with to learn it all).

UAE...United Arab Emerites, correct?

good luck.
    Steeler Fan....What part of country are you from? I search you quads and it looks like Iowa.

aren't we into the back stretch for 32?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast