Thread: need help with r410a Sanyo unit.

Post Likes

need help with r410a Sanyo unit.

Ok this is my first real post on this forum. i am certified in 410, but havnt been in the field for awhile. This is a super new 40,000 btu mini split, with dc inverter. So heres the run down. leak checked the system up to 600psi. evacuated it. everything good. it has 50 foot line set 100 foot total. opened up the king valves. put it to test run and ran for ten minutes no problems. put it to full cool, 95* day with my 410 gauges connected. this system has a service port on both liquid and gas. my temps are, ambient 95* suction 40* liquid 80* and 110* right out of the compressor. my high side gauge is reading 230 psi. and 130 135 psi on the suction. the evap is blowing out at about 45*, the indoor temp is 85*. no short cycle no freezing. all is pointing to a low charge, but everything else seems to be running the way its designed. the system is pre charged to 7.9 pounds and is good for 10-100' line set. im rusty on 410 its been about 2 years since i graduated. ive been reading through my text book, and i just want to make sure that it is most deff a low charge.

Post Likes
    You vapor sounds a little low, but not bad.

Some of them your better off leaving run for a longer time before ceciding if its low or not.
    Also, I still think your metering device is outside with that model also, so that may not be a true liquid pressure.

Check the manual.

Post Likes
    partially gas and liquid, thats what i was reading. thats why i didnt want to follow the text book pressure data. im not sure with these new systems.

Post Likes
    Might want to go to a class on ductless splits.

Post Likes
    well can anyone help me out with a forsure? is the head pressure less due to the way the unit works? do you usually only check suction?

Post Likes
    On ductless splits, usually just check vapor.

Post Likes
    since this is an inverter your pressures probably won't always look "textbook" if its cooling good leave it and wait for a class from that manufacturer before you tweak it. If you are really concerned on the charge, recover it, weigh it and then you will know if it is low on charge. I wouldn't recommend adjusting charge on these by pressures/temperatures .
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    since this is an inverter your pressures probably won't always look "textbook"
    In test mode, its the same as any other unit.

Post Likes
    wait, I just re-read your post, you have a 40 degree TD an you are worried about a low charge run 'er. It will take care of itself. the install guide probably says what the line temp should be at a certain temp situation, read it for charging info. Fujitsu units you shouldn't even need to hook gauges to unless you determine there is a operational issue.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    In test mode, its the same as any other unit.
    I would suppose so, I do not know anything about the new sanyos. I haven't installed one of them for over 10 yrs.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Neither have I.
    I use Samsung.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Neither have I.
    I use Samsung.
    we have put in fujitsu for the last 3-4 yrs, I think we put in a Samsung or 2 about 5 yrs ago. used to use the GMC units alot, then switched to the Energy Knight junk.

Have gone to the fujitsu class when it was offered and found it very interesting how they operate, I had no idea before that class.

To the OP get some posts up so you can apply for pro status and we can share some more technical knowledge with you, but unfortunately can't say to much more on the lines of working on these with out getting in trouble with 5.0
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    thanks a lot guys

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    I would suppose so, I do not know anything about the new sanyos. I haven't installed one of them for over 10 yrs.
    Good for you, don't bother with Sanyo's. We have several at work, wish we had anything but. They shut down when it's hot outside, when it's cold outside, or whenever they feel like it. The pro has been on the phone with the factory so much they are on a first-name basis.

-HF

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in