hvac preswures acting strange

4 ton unit blowing hot air ,heat coils not on ,low side pressure 68, high side 225-230 What goes with this

sounds like a bad tech is what goes with it...........

good luck. This is not a DIY forum.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

pressure acting strange

may sound a little DIY to you and yes I've heard that the Texas techs are a little squirrely but in this case I was looking for a serious answer, I own my on stupid company of stupid techs but I do know how to read a manometer and a temperature gage so you don't know either huh stan

The compressor oil needs to be changed

Question.....how much refrigerant did you add to get it to that?

Quote Originally Posted by stangarner View Post
    may sound a little DIY to you and yes I've heard that the Texas techs are a little squirrely but in this case I was looking for a serious answer, I own my on stupid company of stupid techs but I do know how to read a manometer and a temperature gage so you don't know either huh stan
    ummmm

I read that 3 times and still didn't understand it all.

Who is stan????

You got stupid techs. Aint that what I said? No I said bad....my bad

Ok well get your manometer and tell me the pressures. Then get your temperature GUAGE and tell me the saturation temp.

you want answers, you need to be a pro. and I mean pro status by that. But by the sounds of it and the looks at your typing abilities, I have a hard time believing you would be able to understand the answers given.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

ok,ok off 0n the wrong foot

Ive had a really bad day, my typing is not bad for 60 year old man who uses one of these things about once a month, and mostly to read email, Thought you guys would be a little more forgiving. Iraq you could stan a little polish yourself. however , If you could forgive me for interrupting and waisting your time you might be surprised what I can understand when presented in a little less than hostile way . no arguments from me sorry I bothered you stan

alright.

well you need to provide a lot more information before we can even attempt to think about a possible problem.

you need to first find yourself some techs that properly diagnose systems. Then come here for more information. There is a lot here.

Ok, so then what were the readings.
    OD temp
    ID temp DB and WB
    TESP/ air flow in CFM
    Vapor line temp
    Liquid line temp
    Return air temp DB and WB
    Supply air temp DB and WB
    Did you check both sides of strip heaters for amp draw to make sure they are not on?

Other then pressures, and that its blowing out hot/warm air, what did you check. What did you try to correct the problem.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

This is starting to belong in technical ..... lol

Other then the one question.
    I didn't give any clue how to check anything proper.
    I just asked what the readings were.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Talking

some times i think every body in texas is scared to call for a/c pros. alot of our calls are fixing what diyers have screwed up or they have a neighbor that used to work on automotive a/c. they always try to cover it up, but the wife will tell you before you can walk in the door that the old skinflint has been monkeying with it. its hilarious.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington