Thread: Piston

Post Likes

Piston

I was wondering if anyone knew of an online resource to purchase aftermarket pistons.

I am replacing a condensing unit at my church, Comfort Maker, and the indoor air handler, Carrier, has a different style of piston and size.

Any info would be good.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Do your church a favor and put a TXV on that system. Better dehumidification, better superheat control, longer compressor life.

Post Likes
    aftermarket pistons?????

what fer, a 360 magnum?

do your church a bigger favor and leave the job to the real professionals.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    I am a "real" professional.

Professional - following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain

Last time I checked This is what I do to feed my family. With that being said My church doesnt have much money and I dont have personal access to supply companies (since I work for someone who does this). Besides all that you must have missed the fact that I didnt care to hear your sub-standard opinions.

Does anyone know why so many "Professionals" attitudes royally suck on this website. Maybe I can get a "professional" answer. To suit iraqveterans "professional" waste of a few bytes of space and all the peoples time who had to read it.

Just an answer...yes I know a resource www.....

No I dont so I dont post.

Its really not that hard.

Post Likes
    alright dude...........

chill out.

You have absolutly nothing in your profile about being in the field. So "we" as "professional members" must assume your not in the HVAC field. Thats just the way it is.

You came, asked an inappropriate question and wonder why you get stupid responses? come on...

As far as your question goes.........

First, you should really be looking at replacing the entire system. But why are you replacing the outdoor unit? What component failed and why did it fail?

Second, you need to find out what size piston your new outdoor unit requires. And then contact Carrier and they should be able to help you.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by strandon View Post
    Does anyone know why so many "Professionals" attitudes royally suck on this website.
    Why yes, thanks for asking.

Most non professionals to this trade do not realize what is involved in actually learning it. The vast majority of techs on this site invested a great deal of money, time, and effort. Hundreds if not thousands of classroom hours, all the early years spent doing hard manual labor as a helper or apprentice and when the day was over and the techs went for a beer, we went to our class for the night, then came home a studied that information, caught some sleep with what time was left..... and back to it at 5am.

In short, we have earned the right to guard our craft closely against those that might bring it down, If you are in the field then you understand this.

Post Likes
    I have been to school. Ive done the night classes, study sleep, work repeat. Ive been in the field for 3 years now so no I have not learned everything. But I have learned enough to do my job well, at least until everything changes tomorrow.

I could have just got it through my boss, but I put my notice in today and dont want to rely on him when Im leaving in a month.

Anyhow the compressor failed in the old out door unit. And like I said my church doesnt have alot of money. And to top it off the indoor unit is about 20 feet in the air, in the attic. So there would be more cost to get equipment rented to get the new up and the old down. Maybe when we get some more money but not now.

So...I ordered a TXV since i couldnt find a piston. So thanks for all the help.

So far most of the people I have met in the field taint the name of HVAC Tech tremendously. But maybe thats the podunk town Im from. And it maybe the reason Im exiting the company Im with. Or maybe its universal and most of the people are like those I work with. I pray they are not...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DPSwitch View Post
    Why yes, thanks for asking.

Most non professionals to this trade do not realize what is involved in actually learning it. The vast majority of techs on this site invested a great deal of money, time, and effort. Hundreds if not thousands of classroom hours, all the early years spent doing hard manual labor as a helper or apprentice and when the day was over and the techs went for a beer, we went to our class for the night, then came home a studied that information, caught some sleep with what time was left..... and back to it at 5am.

In short, we have earned the right to guard our craft closely against those that might bring it down, If you are in the field then you understand this.
    Is this entire quote too big to use as my signature?? I take back every bad thing I ever heard about you Although I got into this field because someone promised me free beer I knew it was too good to be true
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    Use the last line......purty darned theatrical If ya ask me.....lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I take back every bad thing I ever heard about you
    I wouldn't...... most of that crap is true.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by strandon View Post
    I have been to school. Ive done the night classes, study sleep, work repeat. Ive been in the field for 3 years now so no I have not learned everything. But I have learned enough to do my job well, at least until everything changes tomorrow.

I could have just got it through my boss, but I put my notice in today and dont want to rely on him when Im leaving in a month.

Anyhow the compressor failed in the old out door unit. And like I said my church doesnt have alot of money. And to top it off the indoor unit is about 20 feet in the air, in the attic. So there would be more cost to get equipment rented to get the new up and the old down. Maybe when we get some more money but not now.

So...I ordered a TXV since i couldnt find a piston. So thanks for all the help.

So far most of the people I have met in the field taint the name of HVAC Tech tremendously. But maybe thats the podunk town Im from. And it maybe the reason Im exiting the company Im with. Or maybe its universal and most of the people are like those I work with. I pray they are not...

Hey man....get yourself 5 more posts and apply for professional membership here. Trust me, there is a wealth of information on this site and are some really great technical discussions going on as well. Not too mention that it's a great place to unwind after a crappy day on the job! Look forward to seeing you around, if you have done all of what you say you have....you will fit right in. We are all very proud of what we do and how well we do it....we can always use another!
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    Might want to find out why the compressor died.

Is that a scroll or recip in the new conder, it matters.

That old coil is kinda small for that new condenser.

Its not my money if the comp dies and the warranty is voided when you can't provide the mod and serial number of an approved matching indoor coil.

The church will just have to come up with the money somewhere.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in