Condensate pipe for Mr Slim Mini Split

My Mitsu Mini Split was installed with a clear plastic hose for the drain. The drain stopped up because this got crimped. The water backed up into my room and this happened twice before the installer recognized that it required a rigid pvc pipe.

What does Mitsu require to be used for condensate return? I read the instal manual and it talks of 'drain hose'. Should the installer have used PVC pipe to begin. Also is there a regular maintenance schedule for this unit like other heat pumps. And why is it that after nearly 9 months of use the filters inside the unit are clear and have no dust accumulation that I can see. This is not a dust free room. Otherwise great unit!

you might pour hot water to flush it

Quote Originally Posted by gmahler View Post
    My Mitsu Mini Split was installed with a clear plastic hose for the drain. The drain stopped up because this got crimped. The water backed up into my room and this happened twice before the installer recognized that it required a rigid pvc pipe.

What does Mitsu require to be used for condensate return? I read the instal manual and it talks of 'drain hose'. Should the installer have used PVC pipe to begin. Also is there a regular maintenance schedule for this unit like other heat pumps. And why is it that after nearly 9 months of use the filters inside the unit are clear and have no dust accumulation that I can see. This is not a dust free room. Otherwise great unit!
    We have been installing Mr. Slim units for years. We always use clear plastic hose without any issues. The indoor unit comes with a corrogated plastic drain connector where we connect the plastic hose. I have never seen one installed with a pvc drain but it not a bad idea. As you can tell those screens(filters) are very easy to see through. That means it also lets alot of the dust through. Straight into the evaporator coil. Bad design in my idea. You unit should be checked at least once a year. Just like your regular systems, the blower, evaporator coil, and condenser coil will get dirty and will need to be cleaned periodically.

never used mister slim but every sanyo and lg we have used we ran 3/4" pvc drains for.....

hard to kink pvc....