Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    No sauce belongs on a good piece of meat. He wanted a solution to no pink in beef ( BLASPHEMY ) I provided it.

I have my solution.. Cook it longer.
    I'm usually pretty good, I would say 90% of the time i keep it juicy and perfect, With the occasional overcook, You need a rubber steak once in a while.
    It is easier to cook a thin steak well without overcooking it, When i try to cook a thick steak well i have to butterfly it. So i prefer a nice thin steak

Ribeyes seem to have the best flavor to me for the price. I occasionally will get T-bone if ribeyes don't look good. Sirlon is to bland by itself to me and filet mignon well.....there's just not enough of it.

I'm not hot at all on sauces....slightly pink to well done is good either way depending on how many beers I had and how long ago I forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snips View Post
    Bad Byron's Butt Rub
    is this a jailhouse recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Das ist schoen...

Roy
    Or perhaps: das ist schön

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    Or perhaps: das ist schön
    Schoen ist alt deutsch..

I come back from a time were the umlaut was still new...lol...I'm just to lazy to find the ö.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Tonight is bourbon steak night . Do not telephone after 6 p.m. as I need to sample the bourbon. I really enjoy this section as you people are very creative--or what ever.

T-bone
    no contest

The fillet will be the tenderest, but not have much flavor, which is why most people wrap them in bacon.

A medium rare ribeye is the only way to go.

Top sirloin...A-1 sauce and a cold beer and I'm good to go

Marbling is everything in a steak. I've enjoyed top sirloin aged and marbled correctly better than an overly lean Fillet Mignon.
    Last edited by btcstudenthvacr; 09-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Top 5 Beef Steaks

1.) PORTERHOUSE--with the Filet Mignon on one side and a sirloin on the other, cut nice and thick, there is no better steak...
    2.) Rib Eye--a close second. The best marbling, self-basting fat abounding, ...Make for a GREAT grilled steak
    3.) T-Bone--smaller cousin of the Porter House. Named "T-Bone" because the Filet Mignon side is shorter than 2.5 inches long. The sirloin side is intact as in the Porterhouse. Basically a NY Strip, but with the bone-in.
    4.) New York Strip--aka boneless Sirloin cut. Tasty but anything past medium rare and it dries out
    5.) Anything that requires more than salt and pepper to taste good.

Dry aging elevates all the above to a state of godliness. Anybody coming through Brooklyn should pay a visit to Peter Lugar's. Porterhouse for 2. HUGE steak. Dry aged for almost a month. The best a steak can taste, IMHO. There may be equals, but none surpass this steak house.

When i feel like a good steak i usually run down to the local meat market
    and grab a couple of porterhouse for me and wifey.
    Fire up the grill ,make a baked potato,a little jack and coke while i am grilling.
    Need i say more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast