Thread: Armstrong Heat Pump

Post Likes

Talking Armstrong Heat Pump

Had my first experience changing out a compressor in an Armstrong unit. I've changed a few compressors in my day, but this one was really designed well. You take the access panel off the end and it's all open. The compressor solder ports are right in front. The reversing valve is right to the left of the compressor, again right in front. The liquid line with drier even ran along the bottom in the front. Many cudos to the engineers!!! BTW the name I'm using is kind of a nickname from when I used to be a meat cutter. So actually I've got two trades. People gotta eat and people need hvac.

Post Likes
    Glad to hear that you had a pleasant time changing out a compressor.

Now the issue of why it failed...

Post Likes
    Any components worst nightmare, lightning. compressor was shorted to ground after bad thunderstorm

Post Likes
    Wait til you see a new Armstrong. Little cube, comp in the middle with the TXV and reversing valve around it. Teeny little drier at the bottom, murder to take out. Probably one of the worst designs. Bring back the old brown ones!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in