Compressor (pot) sound jacket

Any of you guys now where i can get a hold of a sound jacket for a hermetic compressor? Installed condensing unit for moms years back outside of her bedroom. Now she's annoyed of the sound, Must be old age. Just kidding mom's.

I would think they are available at the wholesale houses, call your supplier. I'm not sure what brand you got but Trane has them for their's I have seen lennox's and carriers with them, good way to collect mice, but they do really cut down the noise levels.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by toy501 View Post
    Any of you guys now where i can get a hold of a sound jacket for a hermetic compressor? Installed condensing unit for moms years back outside of her bedroom. Now she's annoyed of the sound, Must be old age. Just kidding mom's.
    Compressor manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 41 View Post
    Compressor manufacturer.
    Lennox Industries (Concord) 10 SEER heatpump. Has a copeland recip. pot.

Call lennox, they can probably get one that will fit. Assuming your a tech/installer... If not call a dealer in your area, they should be able to aquire one from Lennox.
    You can't fix stupid

Personally I pull them off of allot of units... Noise reducers... More like trouble makers... I lost count of how many compressors... I have ran across over the years... That go out in heat overload faster with those on... I mean damn if you were hot and got under a blanket do you think you would get colder?

Quote Originally Posted by kaspen2006 View Post
    Personally I pull them off of allot of units... Noise reducers... More like trouble makers... I lost count of how many compressors... I have ran across over the years... That go out in heat overload faster with those on... I mean damn if you were hot and got under a blanket do you think you would get colder?
    If it's tripping off of o/l that's probably due to excessive discharge temp. and high suction superheat. If that's corrected sound jacket should be o.k. in my opinion.