Thread: Bryant Question?

Post Likes

Bryant Question?

I have one contractor telling me he can put in a preferred model 165ANA048 with air handler # FV4BNF006. Another one told me today that Bryant does not recommend or allow that match. Is that combination acceptable? Thanks!

Post Likes
    Well, of course it's not a match--that air handler doesn't exist. The FV4BNB006 would be the correct model number and would be a rated match at 13.0 EER and 15.5 SEER--great match-up ratings. Could be a mistake on one contractor's behalf. The *006 is modular (doesn't have a single-piece cabinet).

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    I believe the F instead of the B is for "Florida",extra cabinet insulation required by code.Could be sold in other areas as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    I believe the F instead of the B is for "Florida",extra cabinet insulation required by code.Could be sold in other areas as well.
    I was just going by what I read in the FV4B product data (http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...t/fv4b-4pd.pdf). It says the "B" specifies "modular," which I would assume means a 2-piece cabinet. It could mean more insulation, though--I don't know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in