Thread: Payne vs Goodman vs Amana

Post Likes

Payne vs Goodman vs Amana

Need Opinions
    Please rate these manufactures for Gas Furnace/Coil/Condenser 13 seer 2 Ton units.
    Thanks...

Post Likes
    All 3 are moderate to low systems based on price.

The system brand isn't the important thing. The most important thing is the correct installation of the system you chose. Quality costs money. So don't go with the lowest bid. Otherwise you will get the lowest quality.

My advice is simple. Get several quotes from several companies. Do backround research on the companies. Check BBB and prior customers. Assure they are doing a load calc., sizing the ductwork, and designing the ductwork for proper and balanced air distribution.

Get the extended warranty to include parts and labor for 10 years. Get a service contract. Get the highest efficiency system you can possibly afford. Get a system with R-410A refrigerant.

HVAC is not an expense. It is an investment. Invest wisely now and you won't be sorry later. Invest poorly now and you'll regret it before you know it.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    thanks, would you say Amana is worth 20% more than the Goodman? From my research the only differnce I see between the Goodman and Amana units is the Amana unit has a blanket on the condenser compressor and a different top on teh condenser that is supposed to reduce noise. Im comparing the 80% units. I will ask for a quote on the 95% units.

Post Likes
    Another thing to remember is that every manufacturer has different grades of units even in the same seer/afue ratings starting with builder grade units that will have lower warrenties. In my area all the new houses get builder grade goodman units which has developed a distaste for goodman by homeowners and service men alike. When i was in sales and would present the two brands of equipment that we offered to a customer they would ask which is better. My response was "Ford or Chevy?" In other words, they both make units that can start at the bottom and go up the the elite. Tell me which you think looks better and which name your more comfortable with and then we will talk about warrenties and options.

Post Likes
    The genuine Amana outdoor units have many more features than the Goodman or Amana Distinctions models. The sound blanket, special top, 2 speed fan motor, Copeland Comfort Alert control module, 100% Copeland scroll usage. Amana 80% furnaces have stainless steel heat exchangers, as far as I know the only 80s that do. The 90s are stainless as well where Goodman and Amana Distinctions are aluminized steel.

Post Likes
    yep I went with the Amana products. One question I jsut noticed they are giving me an Aspen coil.. Should I be worried or demand an Amana? I know everyone here says that they should match...

Post Likes
    It may be an AHRI rating match. Only question would be what does it do to any of Amana's long warranties? With ICP & Nordyne, 3rd party coils void the replacement warranty pledge (except the Aspen Nordyne sells) so could be that way with Amana.

Post Likes
    Amana brand name for air conditioning is licensed to Goodman Global Inc. Just so you know.

Post Likes
    hi, yes I know Goodman and Amana are the same thing. The Amana Dimension line is the same as the Goodmans. I am just concerned about the coil now. I really need to know what to do on this issue.... should I call Amana about the warranty?

Post Likes
    From the warranty statement, they don't cover:

3. Use of components or accessories not compatible with this unit.

My guess would be they would say the Aspen coil would void this coverage. Where's the Tequilla conasewer when you need him

Post Likes
    Twilli sent him to a Coleman convention
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in