Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: micron gauge

I've got the Inficon right now and it seems to be very accurate, but the top of it has cracked and also the clear plastic viewing window. If I didn't know better I would think someone stepped on it. I'm thinking that they've glued the window in place and the heat in the van has caused the cracking. I'm getting ready to buy another complete set of tools for the new van and I'm going to try something different. I also have their Shark pump and it's well built but bulky.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.".... Jerry Garcia
    "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore,..I think you know where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate." Prof. Randy Pausch

I have a J&B now which has worked well IMO. A Supco I use for a doorstop, worthless. Yellowjacket makes good products so i wouldn't be afraid of one. JMO.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Just dont try and save a buck and go with the refco digimon gauges with "micron meter". Turns out its a kmicron....I dont even know what a kmicron is i think they just made it up LoL. The conversion is very bizare. I hooked up a true micron meter to compare the two and the readings were very inaccurate......=/

picked up my YJ 69075 today! The guys at the local supply house gave me a really good deal. I cant wait to use it. Thanks for the help!

I've given up on my supco too. The cheesy pleather case it came in holds a lot of drill bits now.

When I was in automotive i used a CPS tools VG-200. Its digital and very accurate. worked great on the small systems I worked on.

Talking SUPCO vg64

I thought mine was toast too, turns out I have a ever so tiny leak on the manifold, found with big blue, looked like a spittle bug, with 120 pounds of nitro.

Now its working really well, I use it on my 4 hose outfit, on the freon port.
    :

You guys seem to have me convinced on a YJ 69075, but I noticed they have a new 69086 model. Decent looking handheld, anyone have any experience with that one? Looks like the replaceable sensor is the same style on the 69075, so I would think they would both be about the same in accuracy/reliability. I'm looking to replace my Supco now, but now I am torn between those 2 models.

Quote Originally Posted by sysrq2000 View Post
    You guys seem to have me convinced on a YJ 69075, but I noticed they have a new 69086 model. Decent looking handheld, anyone have any experience with that one? Looks like the replaceable sensor is the same style on the 69075, so I would think they would both be about the same in accuracy/reliability. I'm looking to replace my Supco now, but now I am torn between those 2 models.
    The 69075 has battery life of 70 hrs. continuous on one "D" battery (cheap) vs. 69086 of 25 hours on a 9V alkaline (expensive).
    69075 uses sensor 69073 which costs more than 69087 for the 69086.
    69075 goes down to 1 micron - 69086 goes down to 10 microns (no big deal)
    Operating temperatures are the same. You'll have to decide whether the cheaper meter, and replacement sensor on the 69086 balances the increased expense of all of those 9V batteries.

Supco

Whenever we had problems with supco it was because they were installed in-line.
    Every time, all we had to do was clean them with a little alcohol.
    They work fine.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Whenever we had problems with supco it was because they were installed in-line.
    Every time, all we had to do was clean them with a little alcohol.
    They work fine.

They're factory made to be in-line with a T off the end. However, I capped off one end and kept it isolated from the system with a ball valve hose. The battery door kept falling off and soon the battery wire pulled loose. A POS no matter what anyone says. Poorly made. I'll pay more for a quality one.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I like my SUPCO vg64 Works for me every time. I have it in line on my pump. No problems with it yet. Knock on wood. I bought a CPS once and took it back in a few days. I did not like the read out, and it acted wonky for me.

Any way I give my vote to Supco on this one.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I like my SUPCO vg64 Works for me every time. I have it in line on my pump. No problems with it yet. Knock on wood. I bought a CPS once and took it back in a few days. I did not like the read out, and it acted wonky for me.

Any way I give my vote to Supco on this one.
    YOU HAVE BEEN OUT-VOTED

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast