Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: micron gauge

micron gauge

I need to buy a new micron gauge Im thinking of the YJ 69075 or maybe the inficon pilot gauge. Any suggestions? I havent heard much about the inficon.

i use and like the Y/J myself
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I also use the yellowjacket now.Just stay away from j/b went through two.Didnt last long.Total junk.

Question

why not buy digital gauges with micron capabilities

Very good point and working on it.Just very slow in the great state of michigan.

Supco VG-64

Anyone use the Supco VG-64. Just picked one up the other day, and its acting rather bizarre. After pulling a vacuum, I disconnect the hose from the system, and the hose is still connected to the micron gauge, with nothing connected to the other end of the hose, and the gauge would still read a vacuum. Just removing the hose wouldnt even get it to fall back to atmosphere reading, I would even have to remove the cap on the other side of the gauge, even though its just a Tee on the bottom of the gauge. I know this sounds really retarded, but I assure you I have tested this theory several times, and cannot figure out why it does it...

I probably should just get it warrantied, but was curious if anyone else has used them.

Ive never had any luck with supco. I dont know if it was the way I was using them but I had a couple of them fail rather quickly. I think Ill just go ahead and pick up the YJ 69075 then hopefully I wont have to pay for the same tool twice. That sucks

Quote Originally Posted by johncavh View Post
    Because you need the micron gauge connected to or as close as possible to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by sysrq2000 View Post
    Anyone use the Supco VG-64. Just picked one up the other day, and its acting rather bizarre. After pulling a vacuum, I disconnect the hose from the system, and the hose is still connected to the micron gauge, with nothing connected to the other end of the hose, and the gauge would still read a vacuum. Just removing the hose wouldnt even get it to fall back to atmosphere reading, I would even have to remove the cap on the other side of the gauge, even though its just a Tee on the bottom of the gauge. I know this sounds really retarded, but I assure you I have tested this theory several times, and cannot figure out why it does it...

I probably should just get it warrantied, but was curious if anyone else has used them.
    I have had the Supco VG64 for several years. I have found it almost critical to clean the sensor as described in the instructions using rubbing alcohol. I clean it every other time I use it, and any time it seems to act wierd. Also, it does seem to respond better when hooked up to the system, rather than at the manifold or the vacuum pump.

Quote Originally Posted by johncavh View Post
    several reasons like refrigerant oil ruins the sensor and saturating the sensor with liquid refer will ruin it. static electricity and there are more
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I use the Yellow Jacket 69075. Have had no problems. Battery lasts a long time. 1 D cell.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I have had the Supco VG64 for several years. I have found it almost critical to clean the sensor as described in the instructions using rubbing alcohol. I clean it every other time I use it, and any time it seems to act wierd. Also, it does seem to respond better when hooked up to the system, rather than at the manifold or the vacuum pump.
    Ditto

In 89 bought a Thermal Care 4501 replaced sensors twice. Last year it got retired and replaced with the 14571. This one should last to retirement.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast