Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Montreal_Canada, let's get you on your own thread, since this thread belongs to the original poster, Nov3ice. You can continue post your concerns and continue your conversation there. Just go to the Residential HVAC forum and hit new thread up at the top-left.

Sorry for cutting into the original thread, Nov3ice; I lost track and forgot this was another thread due to the ongoing conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Update: I just looked closer into Lennox's engineering data for the G60, and it says "Terminal for continuous low speed blower operation." There's your answer. Looks like these things can be setup for continuous low speed operation. I'm not sure what the "low speed" is, though. This is good for comfort; however, a multi-speed blower cannot vary its speed and isn't as efficient as an ECM variable-speed blower.
    So, that means the variable-speed blower will turn with anything b/w 0 and some speed constantly (or not) to produce a constant flow for filtering and temperature exchange, and the low-speed one will do samething, but with only one pre-adjusted speed only, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Montreal_Canada, let's get you on your own thread, since this thread belongs to the original poster, Nov3ice. You can continue post your concerns and continue your conversation there. Just go to the Residential HVAC forum and hit new thread up at the top-left.

Sorry for cutting into the original thread, Nov3ice; I lost track and forgot this was another thread due to the ongoing conversation!
    Sure, sorry about that guys ! I will open new one, say Montrreal_Canada concerns ;-) Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    High efficiency equipment in a house that ins't well insulated is not a waste.
    It would be nice for your heating and cooling bill if you could make improvements to youor homes weatherization.

With the proper thermostat, second stage will only come on when needed.
    That may be 10° colder then when the furnace took over, or less or more. Depends on the house.
    The additional money spent on a high efficiency system could go towards insulation upgrades and draft proofing.

I would take a well insulated house with an 80% furnace over a inefficient house with high end HVAC equipment any day.

with rising energy costs the question should not be "how much more will it be to upgrade now?" but rather "how much more will it cost me in utilities over the next 10 years if i go with the less efficient furnace?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123