Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    It's more of a raspy stage-whisper now that you are forcing me the analyze it. I'm so used to how Tommy is that he seems regular to me. <g> He's the only guy I know who orders a drink: "double VO - water back". I had no idea what he would get the first time I heard him order it. <g>

PHM
    --------
    Some cheap swill for his gullet, that's what!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have a friend who makes VO Manhattens that are Pretty Darned Smooth. More like; Smooooth . . . Damn are they easy to drink too many of. <g>

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Some cheap swill for his gullet, that's what!

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Montella View Post
    This guy went unpaid and decided to air this HVAC company's dirty laundry

http://allseasonsri.com/
    Wow... Did they steal that logo? I have seen the same -- identical logo used by a company here on L.I?

Looking at the employee's they hired, confirmed what I began to thought about many in the industry, look for desperate guys that can't have a hard time getting a job elsewhere and offer them peanuts to work, and in some cases, don't pay them at all, because after all, who will people believe the criminal or the company?

Post Likes
    I have a friend who makes VO Manhattens that are Pretty Darned Smooth. More like; Smooooth . . . Damn are they easy to drink too many of.

PHM

Post Likes
    How much is VO ?

Hot Toddies don't deserve any nice sippin whiskey. I would have used Heaven Hill, white label, if it was me.

Heaven Hill makes most of the real bourbons in the world anyway. Woodford Reserve to HHWL - same outfit.

PHM
    --------

H
    I just picked up some VO; I happened to be in the market for some whiskey to make some hot toddies and didn't feel justified spending
    $40+ for jack or Jim just to drown them with water. Plastic bottles make me nervous, but I'll give it the old college try. :grin:

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    How much is VO ?

Hot Toddies don't deserve any nice sippin whiskey. I would have used Heaven Hill, white label, if it was me.

Heaven Hill makes most of the real bourbons in the world anyway. Woodford Reserve to HHWL - same outfit.

PHM
    --------

H
    I paid $25 for 1.75 litres of it. I don't typically buy a lot of whiskey/bourbon/scotch because my taste typically exceeds the amount of money I feel OK spending on it - and the last time I bought some for hot toddies, they were for the wife, and I only wanted to drink some neat, so I bought some mid-shelf Jim Beam Rye that was pretty smooth in my opinion. Today I went to the store and when I saw the VO I just had to buy it, even if it goes against my unwritten (and now un-enforced) rule about drinking "fine" spirits from plastic bottles. :grin:

I'll have to try Woodford Reserve and Heaven Hill. I'm really more of a scotch guy, myself, and can't recommend Macallan's enough.

Post Likes
    I like a lot of the single malt scotches - as long as they don't have anything to prove. A friend of mine drinks something with an unpronounceable name - I think it starts will L - which tastes like aged swamp gas essence.

I think Jim Beam is still less than $30. when I find it on sale. Heaven Hill black label is less that $20. (maybe it's $21. now) and I find it reasonably drinkable.

I used to have a lot of it because the guy who owned the bar where that Jennifer Lopez movie was filmed gave me a lot of it to settle his bill when they were closing. It's was called Fioreli's all my life but they changed the name to The Clam Digger as it was supposed to be a shore town in the film. But in general Jim Beam Rye is a little hard to find near me.

PHM
    -----------

I paid $25 for 1.75 litres of it. I don't typically buy a lot of whiskey/bourbon/scotch because my taste typically exceeds the amount of money I feel OK spending on it - and the last time I bought some for hot toddies, they were for the wife, and I only wanted to drink some neat, so I bought some mid-shelf Jim Beam Rye that was pretty smooth in my opinion. Today I went to the store and when I saw the VO I just had to buy it, even if it goes against my unwritten (and now un-enforced) rule about drinking "fine" spirits from plastic bottles. :grin:

I'll have to try Woodford Reserve and Heaven Hill. I'm really more of a scotch guy, myself, and can't recommend Macallan's enough.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    My first job in the trade while in trade school was corrupt, everyone who left there got a nasty letter from the guys lawyer who was his brother, basically saying you can't say anything about the company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Always pay on time!

Post Likes
    always pay for service

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123