Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Twilli says sloppy installation procedures or they would have found the leak.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Still may not be in the lineset. Lineset leaks are pretty rare since the copper is one piece. They should look at the places where they brazed the copper (i.e. joints, at unit, etc.). They may have messed up the schraeder core/valve while brazing or not tightened it. Have them back to do it right. They can isolate the leak with soap bubbles.

Thanks for you help guys. At least I know the problem better then my service man now, but I won't let him know that.

Someone said picture, I'm all about the proof! Tell me how these guys did for not fixing my problem..... Looking back, I ended up selecting these guys because they were the first ones I found in the phone book... I really should have investigated much further and did some research.

http://s3.supload.com/free/AC_APT.JPG/view/

http://s3.supload.com/free/AC_APT2.JPG/view/

http://s3.supload.com/free/AC_outside.JPG/view/

http://s3.supload.com/free/AC_outside2.JPG/view/

got enough leaves and tape????

buried lineset. They really need to find that leak in case its in the ground and contaminating your system.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Yeah, so the big black tapped up mess is the line set? !?! its just like that above the AC in house like that, you can't see in the picture because it is really crampt between the ceiling but its just a taped mess.

I called and got a guy out here today after a little harassment.

Need more pics.

Get some good ones of the coils

and get a wider shot of the outdoor units from multiple angles so we can see the rest of the clan sittin there with yours.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    and get a wider shot of the outdoor units from multiple angles so we can see the rest of the clan sittin there with yours.
    And the make of the current unit.

Yeah.....what he said.

Kinda looks like a low grade Lennox. But the Air Handler almost reminds me of an old York???

I can't tell off hand, maybe an Armstrong?

get some pics of the nametags. So we can see what we are dealing with. And I bet with that info, there are some crazy ivans out there that will get your SEER, EER, and HSPF for the system.

when did the leak first start? Has it been there all along or did it just happen for the first time last season.

if just started was the any work happening in one of the condos below your where the lines run? It is possible something hit the lines and caused the leak.

this company realy needs to do a leak check and find out what part of the system is leaking. This IMO should have been done before changing aevery thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Still may not be in the lineset. Lineset leaks are pretty rare since the copper is one piece. They should look at the places where they brazed the copper (i.e. joints, at unit, etc.). They may have messed up the schraeder core/valve while brazing or not tightened it. Have them back to do it right. They can isolate the leak with soap bubbles.
    How ya gonna use those bubbles on the coil and line set?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    How ya gonna use those bubbles on the coil and line set?
    I remember way way back, I bought a halide tourch to find those dang coil leaks.

And then discovering that I couldn't see the color change outside.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Line sets running up the side of a building are pressure tested for leaks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Line sets running up the side of a building are pressure tested for leaks.
    umm ok.

why did you quote yourself. Were you not there when you said it aloud as you typed it?????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast