Hybrid View

Looking for the spec on an ICP Cased Coil

I am trying to find out the spec on a Internation Comfort Product branded indoor cased coil. Its braned as a ICP and not some of its other brands. The unit was installed back in 2000.

Model # EPM42J22A1

i searched for this damn thing and have not had any luck. Thanks for your time and effort in advance

Quote Originally Posted by amokrunner View Post
    I am trying to find out the spec on a Internation Comfort Product branded indoor cased coil. Its braned as a ICP and not some of its other brands. The unit was installed back in 2000.

Model # EPM42J22A1

i searched for this damn thing and have not had any luck. Thanks for your time and effort in advance
    looks like a 3 1/2 ton coil.

What do you want to know?
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

First Things First..

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY.. ITS APPRECIATED!

I am trying to determine the size of the Goodman condensor that I have installed. I know the words your are mumbling, then why the hell am I asking about a damn indoor coil! The goodman unit was installed back around 1982. The spec sticker is no longer visable, so I was trying to determine the sizing by the indoor coil. I am not buying equipment based on this, just curious. I was told that the outdoor coil was a 5T unit, that being said, matched up to a 3.5 ton indoor coil, doesnt sound like a good match.

Is there a easy way to determine a model number / spec on an outdoor unit with a non readable spec plate? Pop it open and pull a model off the compressor?

My buddy already spec'd (manual J) a 4T unit for my house (2800 Sq Chicago Burbs Upgraded insulation / new windows).

I am just curious at what size was installed by the previous owners. Hoping to see its a 5 ton. (Looking at the energy efficiency benefits)

Thanks

Yes, you could cross reference the compressor sizes.

However, being a 1982 model. I'm bettin the 5 ton is correct. Back then, it was not uncommon to oversize systems.

You need to stick with a reputable contractor. Manual D, Manual J to name a few.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Many thanks..

The guy that is doing the work for me is a HVAC contractor. I dont doubt him, I just was trying to figure how big the old system is so I have a basis for the energy savings .. ie from 6 or 8 seer to 13 seer and droping a ton of the original spec.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Yes, you could cross reference the compressor sizes.

However, being a 1982 model. I'm bettin the 5 ton is correct. Back then, it was not uncommon to oversize systems.

You need to stick with a reputable contractor. Manual D, Manual J to name a few.

Thumbs down

A Goodman CK 60 on an ICP 42 coil, that is NOT a match system.

Need to junk it put in a 48/4.0 ton indoor and outdoor.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>