Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So...how do YOU clean spiney fin Condensors when theres no water around ?

Post Likes

So...how do YOU clean spiney fin Condensors when theres no water around ?

I think Spiney Fins Condensors are the worse invention ever in our Trade. They should be outlawed . What method have you found works best when water isnt available ? Special brushes ? Compressed air ? Other ?

Post Likes
    Hard to believe it but,a torch.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Hard to believe it but,a torch.
    burn it off. I hear ya.

Actually, the spine fin coil is the best invention for down this way near the beach. They outlast any other style coil in the corrosive salt air.

As far as no water.......find some. Where are you working that you can't get water???
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Twilli says freon
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says freon

Mr. Bill says reverse condenser fan motor.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Twilli says of course it has to be grandfathered
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
    I think Spiney Fins Condensors are the worse invention ever in our Trade. They should be outlawed . What method have you found works best when water isnt available ? Special brushes ? Compressed air ? Other ?
    ok ube david

what method do you use to clean a non-spine fin coil when water is not available?

spiney fin or regular fin;

when water is not available, i bring plenty of 5 gallon buckets of water to the jobsite, and an electric water pump, then go to town

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    burn it off. I hear ya.

Actually, the spine fin coil is the best invention for down this way near the beach. They outlast any other style coil in the corrosive salt air.

As far as no water.......find some. Where are you working that you can't get water???
    They outlast any type of coated coil.

weber is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Torch it!
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Post Likes
    Just use your pump sprayer or blast it with nitrogen

Post Likes

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    ok ube david

what method do you use to clean a non-spine fin coil when water is not available?

spiney fin or regular fin;

when water is not available, i bring plenty of 5 gallon buckets of water to the jobsite, and an electric water pump, then go to town

REPLY: I use a hand brush with stiff plastic brittles on flat vertical fins . Trane and Carrier spiney fin Condensors are virtually impossible to clean using a brush 'IF' they are accessible at all because some of the panels are not removable on many of thier units. Personally, i dont think much of Carrier or Trane residental a/c's and I think the Public has been thoroughly duped on thinking its so much better than other competing brands. And I especially think its a nerve when a Trane Wholesaler bills you a seperate Trane marketing charge on the invoice amounting to $42 ; my Trane Wholesaler is already gouging me on the price because im not part of the Trane Cheerleading Squad.

Post Likes
    REPLY: I use a hand brush with stiff plastic brittles on flat vertical fins . Trane and Carrier spiney fin Condensors are virtually impossible to clean using a brush 'IF' they are accessible at all because some of the panels are not removable on many of thier units. Personally, i dont think much of Carrier or Trane residental a/c's and I think the Public has been thoroughly duped on thinking its so much better than other competing brands. And I especially think its a nerve when a Trane Wholesaler bills you a seperate Trane marketing charge on the invoice amounting to $42 ; my Trane Wholesaler is already gouging me on the price because im not part of the Trane Cheerleading Squad.
    Actually, all the panels can be removed. You have to know what you are doing to do it.

So, Mr. Brand Basher........why exactly don't you like to 2 top selling brands?

Trane Marketing charge....never heard of it.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    REPLY: I use a hand brush with stiff plastic brittles on flat vertical fins . Trane and Carrier spiney fin Condensors are virtually impossible to clean using a brush 'IF' they are accessible at all because some of the panels are not removable on many of thier units.
    those flat panel coils need to be washed out with water also, the dust between the fins you are not getting keeps the head pressure high, it may lower it but not to "clean" coil low. As far as the spine fin condensers not being more efficient, they are and the reason why is the surface area of the fins, and being aluminum it dissipates heat quicker. Have never seen a flat fin coil able to cool with 12 yrs of MN cottonwood seed on it without being rinsed off in all that time. I could not even see the spines!! I was called out because it was 100 degrees out and "it isn't cooling as well as it used too"

Head pressure wasn't even tripping it off yet(close though) never seen a flat coil get that dirty and still work.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Actually, all the panels can be removed. You have to know what you are doing to do it.

So, Mr. Brand Basher........why exactly don't you like to 2 top selling brands?

Trane Marketing charge....never heard of it.
    What could I add to that? Nothing.

Post Likes

Nitrogen and Hose
    'Life begins with the journey each day'

Post Likes
    I use one of these for all my customers that don't have a hose spigot nearby.

www.speedclean.com

This and a couple of 5 gallon jerry cans full of water and I can do a good cleaning.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    What did you pay for this item?

Post Likes
    Either a portable compressor and air hose or a nitro tank and hose
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    What did you pay for this item?
    Bought mine at a local Johnstone Supply with the 3 foot long 90 degree spray wand for a bit over $500.
    Best investment I've made and it's already paid for itself with all the coil cleanings I've gotten done that noone else can do because of no water at those sites.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    those flat panel coils need to be washed out with water also, the dust between the fins you are not getting keeps the head pressure high, it may lower it but not to "clean" coil low. As far as the spine fin condensers not being more efficient, they are and the reason why is the surface area of the fins, and being aluminum it dissipates heat quicker. Have never seen a flat fin coil able to cool with 12 yrs of MN cottonwood seed on it without being rinsed off in all that time. I could not even see the spines!! I was called out because it was 100 degrees out and "it isn't cooling as well as it used too"

Head pressure wasn't even tripping it off yet(close though) never seen a flat coil get that dirty and still work.
    REPLY: My answer was based on water NOT being available . I use water whenever i can to clean all air cooled Condensors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in