Lightbulb The Heat Pump~Coleman

Now, once in a while I get to see one of my first systems retire, I was on a call this morning in N.Fort Worth. I get there and something looks familiar. I walk in and look at unit Coleman Air Handler and Coleman Heat Pump outdoor.

What strikes me is sticker Paschall Electric- Heating & Air. Then I open up air handler and see M.L.- 1983 Start/Up.

M.L. is me so I put this system in and it just goes to show you good installs last a long time.25+years.
    Well, nothing last forever, coil leaking and it's time to retire this Old Coleman, so AHS supplied 3.0 /15kw air handler and homeowner, purchased 13.0 S.E.E.R. Heat Pump condenser. So same guy has seen this home through another fine heat pump installed system going in Monday.

Kind of nice to see this , made my day..
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

The next install may be fine but the Payne or Goodman AHS provides won't last like the old Coleman did twilli will tell you that!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The next install may be fine but the Payne or Goodman AHS provides won't last like the old Coleman did twilli will tell you that!
    That's true but, we can ask for Carrier upgrade to match Puron outdoor unit and have had no problem with AHS giving us the ok.

Carrier 15kw air handler FD4AN036/Puron
    Carrier 13.0 Heat Pump

Anyway, Payne air handler is close to the same in Puron.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>