Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Trane broken already

Post Likes
    Since this Trane stopped, tell them to give you a Westinghouse 95% 2stg with VS motor.

Like i said, Westinghouse makes the brakes for Tranes(trains).

Post Likes
    Did he remove the supply and return ducting?

A Honeywell TH5220 digital non programable, or a TH6220 digital programable thermostat.

If you need more then a 80,000 BTU 90% I'll be suppirised.

Post Likes
    Where are you? What's the house like? More than normal amount of windows? No insulation? I'm with been, still suspicious on sizing.

As I pointed out, Sis has a 75K 92% on a 2 story house about your size. Ducts in the crawl, leaky windows, decent insulation. At about -5° it will run constantly, might start to lose ground about -10° out but that's once every 10 years or so. She got a test furnace - I had a choice of 75K or 120K and wasn't about to go the monster.

I would certainly request the 2 stage thermostat wired properly instead of crippling a great furnace with a timed 2nd stage.

Post Likes
    Removed supply and return . Looking for a programmable thermostat .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by big windy View Post
    Removed supply and return . Looking for a programmable thermostat .
    Honeywell 8000 series.

touchscreen programmable.

You can go to the IAQ if you want. Thats the macdaddy. If not, I would tell them to put in a TCON803. Thats the Trane number for the Honeywell 8000.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    So it tripped even with the supply and return ducts disconnected???

Did he check the gas pressures and check the burners to see the flame???

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Well, if there is another problem besides being over sized. Then your lucky it showed up now instead of later.

Many of us have seen the effects of gross oversizing. And those home owners weren't happy with the end result.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Well, if there is another problem besides being over sized. Then your lucky it showed up now instead of later.

Many of us have seen the effects of gross oversizing. And those home owners weren't happy with the end result.
    ya got that one right.

Go get a cookie and a beer. By the looks of the posts tonight......it's gonna get long and entertaining.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    ya got that one right.

Go get a cookie and a beer. By the looks of the posts tonight......it's gonna get long and entertaining.
    Already got the beer infront of me.

Post Likes
    As been pointed out and irag pointed out, get either the Honeywell FocusPro, or the VisionPro line t-stat.. If they say running a new t-stat wire going to be an issue, then go into the IAQ t-stat (YTH9421)

Did they do a temp rise reading?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Already got the beer infront of me.
    then here's your song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaE4K5fN8Ek

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    So it tripped even with the supply and return ducts disconnected???

Did he check the gas pressures and check the burners to see the flame???
    Yes it tripped w/ supply and returns disconnected, he checked gas pressures as did the installers . He was talking to the installer on the 2-way about a piece of sheet metal over the burners , the installer wasn't sure if this piece was to be removed for my install , he hadn't seen this before. The tech was mulling over removing the venting to see if this piece was over the burner and restricting air flow . I offered to let him cut an access to see , rather than dissassembling everything , kinda glad he didn't .He couldn't look up because burner is in the way .They might have left some deflector that should have been removed . Return is on the right ,goes through Trane effects , Supply comes out the top , is there something they should have changed or removed for this ?

Post Likes
    A 120,000 BTU furnace should have 2 sides for return if they want a 50° temp rise in high..
    Needs 2100 CFM of air for that rise.
    almost 1600 for 70°.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in