Thread: Best build furnace on a budget

Post Likes

Best build furnace on a budget

I need to replace my gas furnace. It is a 30 year old Furnsman brand. I am not going to ask about sizing or ducts because I will have a heat loss calculation done and I need to do some duct work so I don't over size the unit which I understand is a bad thing. But if it would help, the house is 1050 sq ft with basement 60% in ground built in 1978 (r-12 walls, r30 ceiling, energy star windows). I live in the interior Canada it get down to -30C.
    I am on a tight budget(I know so is everyone else). There are so many brands of furnaces out there. Which Is the best built. which is the easyest and cheapest to repair.
    I know that everyone has there opinion. But I need to start somewhere and I thought that people that fix furnaces would have better insight.

Thank you

Post Likes
    Can't say any are badly built.

You might want to get a quote on Amana, if yoour looking for the most bang for your buck.

Post Likes
    Rheem model 80ps

Post Likes
    Actually I was gonna suggest the builder Rheems (aka WeatherKing) but probably better looking at the 90s where the OP is.

Post Likes
    i'd peersonally look into amana. their warranty is ridiculous. they advertise it as being the last furnace you'll ever BUY from them. worth looking into
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=BaldLoonie;1894842]Actually I was gonna suggest the builder Rheems (aka WeatherKing) but probably better looking at the 90s where the OP is.[/QUOTE
    go with the W/K.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Goodman has a 10 year part warranty and lifetime heat exchanger warranty on their high efficiency furnaces. no matter what brand you get, get a 90%+ furnace! they are good units are are economical with a great warranty. A good install is as important as the brand.

Post Likes
    Coleman
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Coleman
    I knew that was your response before I even opened this thread. I saw a Coleman grill on the streets of my neighborhood while walking my dog today, and guess what came to my mind.

Post Likes
    In Canada. I would go with a Lennox. They are not the least expensive but do have different models for the 80% or 90%. Very good for parts distrtubution in the West. Don't know about the East. There are less expensive brands but noise, reliablility should be concidered. A less expensive furnace iniatially may cost you more on repairs and earlier replacement costs.

Post Likes
    Amana has 10 year parts.
    Why would it cost him more then a Lennox. Does Lennox pay him if a part breaks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in