Filter for Air Handler

I just had a new Trane heat pump/air handler installed. The air handler is a 4TEE model. I'm looking for the best filter to use for the air handler. Can anyone provide me with a good recommendation. I want the system to work right so I am willing to pay the cost to have the best type of filter for the system. thanks.

I recommend standard pleated filters (not the 3M restrictive ones, but the ones with more rounded pleats--I use Flanders NaturalAire pleated filters). You could use the fiberglass ones, but I prefer something a step up for better filtration. It very much depends on what your ductwork system can handle. If you can't find them at your local hardware store, you can buy them at www.ushomefilter.com

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Call your installing contractor and ask,they can order them by the case for you.

Too restrictive ,like a 3M in most cases,is a bad idea.

I use NaturalAire Standard MERV 8 pleated filters made by Flanders. MERV 8 is not too restrictive. $7 for a 3-pack at Home Depot. I change them monthly even though the package states that it "lasts up to 3 months".

Good luck.

Camco/Farr merv8. Best construction. Best materials, the most media, twice the price of Flanders. I change mine once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by big johnson View Post
    Camco/Farr merv8. Best construction. Best materials, the most media, twice the price of Flanders. I change mine once a year.
    That is a 4" filter?