Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zz4x4 View Post
    Davo,
    I did as requested but was unable to read static pressure with the filter door open. Just reads UNKNOWN. If I leave the filter out , but still close the door, the SP reads 0.9 . Looks to be .3 difference across the filter. Does that seem reasonable?

Both the supply and return are restricted, not only by improperly sized ducts, but by poor workmanship. Your contractor will have to fix this properly or the system will be a headache forever.
    This is not the equipment's fault. Any system would have problems installed in this manner. They are just not smart enough to tell you until it is too late, and something major fails or there is property damage.

The "unknown" is probably due to rapid fluctuations in the supply air pressure in the discharge plenum due to the poorly installed discharge plenum.

Quote Originally Posted by davo View Post

The "unknown" is probably due to rapid fluctuations in the supply air pressure in the discharge plenum due to the poorly installed discharge plenum.
    More like too much return air with the door open. Overloaded the motor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    More like too much return air with the door open. Overloaded the motor.
    How would a modulating variable speed motor overload with the filter door open?

ductwork not big enough. 5 tons is way too much should have stayed with 4 not enough airflow. it wont take out humidity. get the subcooling numbers from contractor also the airflow numbers carrier will send a tech out if u call them direct to complain. seems like your contractor is trying to push it aside saying it will work fine. something is wrong i think sizing and installation

Ever open the blower panel to count the blinks and hear it slow down because it was able to get too much air.
    Contractor locator map

5 tons is way too much should have stayed with 4 not enough airflow. it wont take out humidity.
    I'd be happy to have that be the case as currently the system runs continuously and never reaches temp. The humidity is fine for now anyway. The system can run in low stage to remove humidity as well.

Your contractor will have to fix this properly or the system will be a headache forever.
    My contractor is coming out again tomorrow to chat with me. What should I be asking for specifically? Longer trunks with larger , shorter ducts, and no right angles?

Proper suspension of the flex.
    Get those return flexes further back from the filter. Maybe mounted on different sides.
    Longer sweeps on the 90s.
    Alonger plenum/supply trunk, for better placement of the flex take offs.
    A report of how much he increased air flow to each room over the old 4 ton you had.
    Contractor locator map

satisfaction guarantee from carrier

i can only speak for what the requirements are for a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer ( CFAD ) in Texas , the Factory includes a 100 % satisfaction guarantee with all INFINTY installations , in Houston only CFAD dealers are supposed to sell infinty equipment , unfortunatly that rule has been overlooked to allow the big boys to sell INFINTY , I beleive they are not bound by the 100 % GUARANTEE .
    i would contact Carrier directly and ask about CFAD and the infinity 100 % satisfaction guarantee ,

Caveat...

Local tech rep must visit site before the money is refunded.

If a tech rep sees that cluster, he'll tell the dealer to get bent.

Factory won't stand behind that job.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Poor Installation

This is a very poor Installation and why in the world do guys use flex. Why not go with spiral trunk line and branch off. I would very disappointed about mess of flex. Carrier Factory Authorized dealers do have to give 100% customer satisfaction on all work and equipment and Carriers technical rep would have to come out and see that job was done right. In this case they would tell owner to dummy up and fix job.
    Do it right the first time.

I'll definitely be contacting Carrier if the system continues with high SP after the installer gives it his best shot to fix. He is one of the larger Carrier dealers in this area, a CFAD and has Carrier signs all over his trucks and shirts.

On the flex ducts, that is about all I see in Dallas. Most things in the construction of new homes seems to be done cheaply down here versus up north ( where I grew up). Tiny lots, bad foundation installations, lousy insulation and weatherproofing,... But that's another rant

and Carrier will tell you it's an installation problem for which they are not liable.

Your dealer is on the hook for that abomination.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I agree. Just meant to have Carrier help put some pressure on the dealer to do the right thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast