Ac vent duct problem

It seems liks the back bedroom room and loft vent is barely blowing air. Cold air is blowing from the vents but not as forceful as the other rooms.I do have vaulted ceilings in the down stairs that of corse leads up stairs to a loft and up stairs beedrooms. All the other vents in the bedrooms blow hard and cold from the upstairs ac. The house is built so I can't get to the the ducts because the way the ceiling is constructed. This problem is going on since I bought the house. Downstairs and the upper bedrooms are just great.

Quote Originally Posted by steveleb View Post
    It seems liks the back bedroom room and loft vent is barely blowing air. Cold air is blowing from the vents but not as forceful as the other rooms.I do have vaulted ceilings in the down stairs that of corse leads up stairs to a loft and up stairs beedrooms. All the other vents in the bedrooms blow hard and cold from the upstairs ac. The house is built so I can't get to the the ducts because the way the ceiling is constructed. This problem is going on since I bought the house. Downstairs and the upper bedrooms are just great.
    ok

It would be a little helpful to know where you are located. Often the builder does a lousy job of designing the duct system and airflow is not what you need. Even a homeowner such as myself can say that.

You would do well to begin working with an HVAC pro who understands airflow better than 80% of the guys out there. Possibly you can find one through the National Comfort Institute, they train pros to understand this subject:
    www.nationalcomfortinstitute.com

I have done that, based on not enough heating in one bedroom... a tricky problem as our winters are short and unpredictable in S.Texas. It's been a long haul to understand and fix that problem. But as an amateur suggestion let me raise the question of simply enlarging the duct to that room, unless you can find another more basic problem to cause this.

Balancing airflow to get the right amount from each supply register is in order, but in my experience this is often not done well. If your technician uses a flow hood to actually measure airflow from each supply register, you probably have a guy who is not cheap but has the expertise you need. Maybe there are other ways to approach this problem, but this is the way I know about.

Hope this helps -- Pstu

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    www.fantect.net

For a booster fan that really works.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    www.fantect.net

I tried following that link and got a problem, not 100% certain it wasn't my internet service... but could you have meant to type

http://www.fantech.net/

Yep you got the site he just did s typo !!!

If there is enough duct leakage even a booster isn't the answer. I'd get a camera in that duct. I have found loose and even disconnected duct in walls and floors. The fix was alot easier than a booster. I even found a pair of pants stuffed in a duct once. Who knows what you will find. Of course a pro can do that for you.

I pulled out some toys from one of my vent runs and it wasn't even a play room, you can visually check all your runs in the home yourself and possibly find the problem, but it would probably be best to call someone to come check your CFM's in both your supply and return and possilby in need of balancing the rooms or even in need of increasing duct runs to those rooms in need of mroe CFM.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    www.fantect.net

Dash, why does this fan work, but most others do not?