Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trane chillers

trane chillers

hello went to site today noticed trane chiller with a fault, looked at fault it was reading transmission complete crkt 1b i have noticed this once before when the building went into fire mode, anyone seen this fault before

luca

Sure it wasn't failure to complete transition?

Maybe the control panel is upside down . makes it hard to read ?????{Australia} lol

trane

hey all
    nice joke i like that one,
    it was failure to complete transition what does this mean

It means it did not complete transition from wye to delta during startup. Check your auxiliary switches in the starter.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

trane

thanks mate
    will monitor it for the next few weeks see how it goes
    lukey

Failure to complete transition......

......doesn't anyone have to complete some sort of education before doing this sort of job, anymore??????
    Sorry if I highjack the the thread!
    Last edited by Carrene #2; 06-22-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling, I've been educated in several fields....

Well you would think so but the more I read some of the posts on here and see the questions people are asking it makes me think "what the #?!& are you thinking" .Does cool tech understand the idea behind wye delta or even know what wye delta is .Also you have to think about the customer here ,they are paying supposedly for a trained competent sevice tech and what are they getting for there money----- I'll reserve judgement on that.
    If you dont know what you doing then maybe you should have someone who does go with you that you can learn from before some one gets hurt or worse .To many people are getting hurt and killed because of lack of training and making mistakes . Cool tech dont become another statistic .

This is a major problem through out our industry in all areas of it, from residential, refrigeration, commercial and industrial. This includes manufacturers as well as independents to joe blow working out of the station wagon.

30 years ago everyone knew all the commercial players and which ones sucked. I'd venture to say it was less than 10% of the contractors that did crappy work. You knew everyone in the supply housses and who they worked for. The technicians actualy took pride in their work, that's gone out the window.

I've watched it go downhill over the past 20 years. The introduction of the internet and cell phones has made the techs mentaly lazy. Very few spend more than their time on the clock learning. The majority of the owners/branch managers have no morals. They will bill out every hour and or more the tech was there even if it took them 100 hours to figure out a 5 ton condensing unit had a locked up condensor fan motor.

Our industry is in an extremely sorry state. With the advanced controls, complicated systems, poor engineering and lack of information, I'ts all downhill from here. I'm glad I'll be out of it in 10 yrs or less if I can swing it. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    Well you would think so but the more I read some of the posts on here and see the questions people are asking it makes me think "what the #?!& are you thinking". Also you have to think about the customer here ,they are paying supposedly for a trained competent sevice tech and what are they getting for there money----- I'll reserve judgement on that.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

All I can say is we all started somewheres, not everyone was given factory training on every piece of equipment, at least hes trying and posting here trying to learn, I would take that anyday over someone who just hits the reset and walks away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Yes I do work for Trane and I have had SOME factory training but the point is ,cooltech had to reset the chiller as trasition failure is a manual reset diagnstic. He obviously is not farmiliar with wye delta starters . What would have happened if the starter had blown up at restart.
    Also you say its better than hitting reset and walking away . Think about it thats exactly what he did because of his lack of experience. yes hes trying to learn but at who"s expense . Not just the customers ,playing with wye delta is not for the inexperienced it is dangerous S#%& and when it goes wrong things go bang in a big way ?????????????

trane

hi guys when you said it was a wye transition i knew it was a problem in the star delta start, i look after this building and trane look after the chillers, i reset the chillers went to look through there manual to get more info on this problem and couldnt find it trane were coming out soon to do their chiller maint
    this problem occured when there was a fire alarm so the building gave a gfa.

The problem is guys out here will get killed "tinkering" with a 500 amp starter panel. Lets say someone leaves the starter door open and we reset it with not so good results. Anyone reading this just know the started panel can exploded and kill you. Does not happen often but it can. I'm Done ranting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast