Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by duc dowg View Post
    What Is A Crock?
    Crock
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    For the dishware, see Crock (dishware).
    For the American comic strip, see Crock (comic).
    Especially in engineering, a crock is a botched attempt or design to achieve something. An automobile with intentionally designed square wheels would be a crock. (Crock itself is a slang word meaning something which is broken down or worn out[1] or which is nonsense.)

Most of Rube Goldberg's or Heath Robinson's unlikely machines were crocks. Because they were crocks, they were funny. In absolute contrast, there is little more condemnatory in an engineering context than to declare something a crock.

A kludge, by contrast is typically something that works, however clumsily. A kludge'd design which didn't actually work, will probably also be a crock.

The term was early used at the MIT Model Railroad Club, and from there moved to computing and into computing terminology.

According to the Jargon File the use of the word "crock" as engineering jargon is connected to its use for dishware by the American scatologism "crock of ****" for extreme forms of what would otherwise be called bull****.[2]

NOW STOP ASKING!!!!!!!!!
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Done, haven't done it so long it took me two tries.........LOL.
    ROFLMAO

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Done, haven't done it so long it took me two tries.........LOL.
    LOL...

Disregard the email that I sent.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Talking

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    LOL...

Disregard the email that I sent.
    I saw it..............LOL. Not as good or fast as you are at it, especially with this laptop......

Guys, we should have seen about 10 reports on his last thread......when you see that stuff, report it so it doesn't go 5 pages.

Guys, we should have seen about 10 reports on his last thread......when you see that stuff, report it so it doesn't go 5 pages.
    how?

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    how?
    Little triangle in the right corner of every post, just click it.

True. I am reluctant to report since I'm not here much but his last comment hit a nerve with me.

Quote Originally Posted by EverettsHVAC View Post
    True. I am reluctant to report since I'm not here much but his last comment hit a nerve with me.
    If you see something that isn't right, just report it, it emails the whole mod team as well as the site administrators..........it's not a big deal for us to just check in then and it sure beats a 5 page dogpile of DIY.

Another reason it doesn't bother me is that jrbenny usually pounces on them in 3 nano seconds anyway..............LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EverettsHVAC View Post

His last comment was nothing really when you consider what these guys try to do to us behind the scenes..........

His last comment was nothing really when you consider what these guys try to do to us behind the scenes..........
    I can only imagine....

Interesting...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast