Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Siemens controls - CIS

I'm working on a job where we use Siemens controls. The program we use it called CIS, or Controller Interface Software by Landis & Gyr Powers, Inc. It is version 2.0, and is a DOS based program.

Trying to run it on my XP machine, and I keep getting the error..

run-time error R6009
    - not enough space for environment

I have no idea what could be causing this. (This is when I launch MMI.exe directly from the command line. Launching it from a PIF/shortcut does the same thing.)

Is there a fix for this, or something newer that I can be using to control these systems? My job is Test & Balance, so I don't need to modify the program or anything, but need to be able to calibrate the VAV boxes, adjust temp setpoints and such to drive the boxes into max flow.

Any help appriecated...

It might be because of windows, we have a similar problem when we use a newer computer on JCI DC-9100 controllers programming software.

One workaround might be to use a "Slow" software to slow down your computers cpu.
    Dont have good ideas if you aren't willing to be responsible for them

CIS for Windows

Siemens produced a windows version of CIS some years ago that was compatible with W2K. I have seen it run on XP. If you have a current service contract or a good relationship with a Siemen's field technician, you should be able to obtain a copy. I believe the executable for the program is wincis.exe. The best solution would be to obtain a copy of DATAMATE BASE from your local Siemens office. It is unlicensed and offers many more features that CIS or WINCIS.

try this

first you need an icon to click on to run the program (maybe on desktop)
    next, right click on the icon
    choose 'properties'
    choose the 'compatibility' tab
    try choosing the windows 95 compatibility and see what happens

Search this site for VirtualPC or bootable flash drive. These threads should help you.

If in fact it is an Windows XP issue causing the comm problem you can install Virtual PC from Microsoft (free) and then load an old operating system under the Virtual PC, then install the app. on the old OS. It will work as good as it did under the old OS.

Bodeen

Quote Originally Posted by amsolo View Post
    first you need an icon to click on to run the program (maybe on desktop)
    next, right click on the icon
    choose 'properties'
    choose the 'compatibility' tab
    try choosing the windows 95 compatibility and see what happens
    I tried that, and it doesn't work.

Update on the error... I guess I left part of it out...

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PCLTDOS.SYS
    run-time error R6009
    - not enough space for environment

IIRC, PCLTDOS.sys is a Lon driver... but I don't have such a file on my system.

I remember running this program on this computer, but that was before I went to SP3....

Does anyone here have a copy of WINCIS they could send me? That or Datamate Base? Usually when I see the Siemens guy, is when he is his van on the way out...

Wincis

WinCis will do the trick. Don't forget that it is the responsibility of the controls contractor to provide you adequate interface to be able to complete you work. The MC or GC can help you if you get any resistance.

I set up my laptop for dual boot win98/winXP. Datamate is slow, cumbersome and crashes, at least in my experience. W2k is part of Siemens Commissioning tool that their techs use, and although I have good conections and a relationship with our branch office, they refuse to sell me a copy.

Well, I did managed to get CIS2K (what it is called on my system) to run. It's still the DOS based program, but now it at least starts up. Had to do some monkeying with the batch file.

Talked to my control guy, and he says that Datamate Base is a boiled down front end, and is not universal. Said I was better off w/ CIS... but getting it to run reliably is the fun part.

you will have to get your hands on wincis. that will take care of your problem

Quote Originally Posted by neonhomer View Post
    Talked to my control guy, and he says that Datamate Base is a boiled down front end, and is not universal. Said I was better off w/ CIS...
    I think he must have had DataMate Base confused with DataMate Advanced which are two completely different sets of software. Datamate Advanced is a stripped down version of Insight (Front End Software) which will do all the things you want do to in the field and a whole lot more. And it is very expensive and you can only get a one year license. DataMate Base doesn’t have near the bells and whistles but will allow you to plug directly into TECs and Field Panels and command sub-point settings. It also does terminal emulation for connecting to field panels. I use it every day at work on our Pre-Apogee Siemens System and it runs well in XP. Base is a lot less expensive and doesn’t require a sight license.

By the way I sent a copy of CIS32 to the e-mail address on your profile and it bounced back. CIS32 works in Windows XP format. If you are interested in a copy drop me an e-mail and I will send it by return mail. My address is on my profile

Check you email... I sent you a message with an alternate address....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast