I had a question about the HVAC unit in my home. We've lived here for 2 years now and have always been troubled with very low airflow coming out of the floor vents. Even the vents that are within 8 feet (straight line) from the main unit have low pressure. I don't even think it would be enough air to move a cotton ball placed on the vent. Now the house does get cool but the system has to run for a long time before it cycles off. I want to call a repairman to come out and fix it but I'd like to know if there's another blower that can be used to give higher flow. I think the motor that's in there now is a 1/4HP according to the info sticker.

The unit is a Rheem RGAC-080C. From what I can gather the unit was made in 1979. I know I need to replace it with a more efficient model but I just can't afford that right now. But if I can spend a couple hundred dollars and get better airflow so the house will cool a little faster it might save us a little money in the long run until I can afford a new system.

I think the info tag says the blower is a 10-7DU. But I'm not too sure what all the numbers mean. I'd just like to get a little bit of info together before calling someone in that could potentially end up ripping me off.

I've attached a picture of the info sticker on the inside of the panel. I hope this gives enough info. Thanks in advance!!