+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best walk-in freezer/coolers on market

Post Likes

Best walk-in freezer/coolers on market

I need to replace two walk-in coolers and one walk-in freezer which were installed with the coolers on each side and the freezer in the middle each having its own door which opens into our commercial size kitchen. These are approximently 8x10 ft. The problem is the tile floors in the two coolers next to the freezer wall are buckling up from Ice which is probably from deteriorating insulation resulting in condensation freezing up (just my best guess). My questions are #1) Whats the best brand. #2) Is locating the freezer door inside one of the coolers a good Idea? #3) Whats the best insulation? #4) Is there a reason that certain food products that you would put in the coolers can not be stored together (I thinking of having one big cooler instead of two)?

Post Likes
    i sell norlake get the coils in coolers w/ bohn kote epoxy this will help w/ the acids in products stored inside the bohn kote helps the coil last longer no problem w/ door placement inside cooler is no problem good luck

Post Likes
    sounds to me like you got a freezer without a insulated floor.#1 Norlake makes very good boxes. They are one of the best. #2 freezer door inside cooler. I dont do it because it uses up cooler space. two door openings makes one small cooler. No rack space. #3 best insulation. Foam. When you get your walk-in all panels should be foam. #4 No. Also, Norlake will design and build you a very good walk-in. If you do a lot pushing carts into your freezer. You definitely want a outside door.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in