Thread: Rheem Evaporator Coil Box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Rheem Evaporator Coil Box

I am running into a common problem here and I am wondering if there is an easier solution than the one I dread. There are a lot of horizontal units in this area with the old Rheem Evaporator boxes (RCAH-Z037S for example). We used to simply slide the old coil out and the new one in and go on. I am having trouble finding these slab coils and I am wondering if anyone knows where a 13 seer slab coil that will fit into these old boxes can be found. I think that Airco makes a slab coil, but the box size is different. Any advice will help.

I am fearing that us service techs are going to be sheet metal men soon!

Post Likes
    the last horiz. slab i bought was massive.
    Better get the brake ready and make sure you have sharp snips.

Post Likes
    How about the upflow and downflow changeouts. Are the new coils usually fitting in the old cabinets? This issue concerns me because there are a lot of people out of work in my area. They call me in hopes of saving money. I usually try to change compressor or repair otherwise, but sometimes I do have to change out a unit.

Post Likes
    Check out the Rheem Model RCTA-A***. Its made for Rheem by ADP. I know the overall width of the cabinet is only 1/2" different but not sure about the slab itself. It has changed to a TXV instead of the cap tube and piston setup.

Martin
    whaaaaa, you let all the smoke out

Post Likes
    I don't have any info on that model. Do you happen to have the dimensions on that box or coil?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in