Thread: Suction line filter dryer

Post Likes

Suction line filter dryer

is so rusty. Is this a (future) problem? Like i've posted before, suction line sweats like a fat woman in Baton Rouge-but its been insulated w/tape since.

The filter is located w/in the cabinet of the condenser and looks like it may break anyday.

Suggestions....leave it alone or be proactive and replace it?
    Once again thanx ahead.

Suggestions from this board has made my mideval Armstong cooling like the day it got installed. Woo hoo!

Post Likes
    If it in fact is the suction line drier,in theory ,it should have been removed about twenty four hours after it was installed. I'd say remove it .

Post Likes
    Could it be an accumulator instead of a filter drier? How is it mounted vertically or horizontally? If it is made of carbon steel and it is rusty then it will eventually form a leak regardless if it is a filter drier or accumulator. When you insulated it if you left ANY air gaps, then moisture will form and lay right against the steel surface much longer than before and actually accelerate the rust through time line. Of course you may have gotten a 100% seal YEAH RIGHT LOL

Post Likes

Yes Tsubaki it was the accumulator

my bad. It's mounted vertically and I only got to insulate the part of the suction external to the condenser. So can the accumulator be changed out w/out having to replace other parts?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulanSpy View Post
    my bad. It's mounted vertically and I only got to insulate the part of the suction external to the condenser. So can the accumulator be changed out w/out having to replace other parts?
    Not being there to look,I'd say yes.

Post Likes

Gratis

all that helped

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulanSpy View Post
    Not exactly.

There is one part that should be changed out everytime a system is open.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Not exactly.

There is one part that should be changed out everytime a system is open.
    And that part would be the liquid line drier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in