Thread: Furnace size?

Furnace size?

Yeah I would like to replace my furnace. The gas input on the old furnace is 80,000 btu. It is a 80% furnace. Now, I was wondering if I could get a 95% two stage furnace with 70,000 btus? Will it still heat the house good?

Also, I live in North Carolina what do you think about putting a 95% furnace in the attic?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lowridemazb2200 View Post
    Yeah I would like to replace my furnace. The gas input on the old furnace is 80,000 btu. It is a 80% furnace. Now, I was wondering if I could get a 95% two stage furnace with 70,000 btus? Will it still heat the house good?

Also, I live in North Carolina what do you think about putting a 95% furnace in the attic?

Thanks
    Your current furnace (when new) delivered 64,000 btus. The 95% furnace will deliver 66,500 btus. Assuming your current furnace is correctly sized, this would be a good match.

A 95% furnace can be vented through the roof. If your current furnace and ductwork are there, no problem.

AM

Not a problem putting it in the attic, as long as you don't have extended days below freezing.

You can install a 40,000 BTU 95% furnace and it will still heat the house. How warm it will heat the house is the question.

Don't get a 2 stage because you think it will save yoou more money then a single stage. It won't. It will provide you with better heating comfort most of teh time though.
    There are freeze conditions that need to be addresssed when installing a condensing furnace in an attic.

Have a load calc done. You may only need a 60,000BTU 95%.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?