Does Anyone using a Robert Shaw 9865i or a 9615i??

I was just wanting to know if anyone was using this stat. I spoke with my installers and I told them I think this stat might do the job of cutting out the short cycling. He recommeneded that we try and find a white rogers that had a adjustable differintial. They do have one but it's only 1.6 degrees where the shaw is 3 degrees. However it does seem that my run time have gotten a little better at night. It is still like 89 degrees here. Thanks

You should also consider a honeywell t-stat with an adjustable cycles per hour setting.

CPH based t-stats are intelligent in the sense that the differential is determined based on the system operating conditions and maximum cycles per hour parameter.

During cooler, humid weather a differential of 3F could mean having the system off for several hours at a time or not run at all. (Result - heat stratification, uneven temps, high humidity)

Remember, no matter what stat you try, this is a bandaid repair for an oversized system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

beenthere,

The boss of the AC company will be in monday. They were going to check the heat load when he gets back. So does that mean they only did a heat load? Have you heard of them doing that before without doing a cooling load? If it does call for a 4 ton heat system and a 3.5 ton cooling system what are my options? Have them take out the 4 ton system and have them only replace the AC part of the system with a 3.5 ton? Will they be able to replace just the outside unit or will they have to get into the attic to put some stuff in? Thanks again for all your knowledge.

They may have sized it to the heat load. Some companies do that to save you money on your heating bill.

Although the Manual J load calc allows you to oversize by 25% for a heat pump.
    What happens some times. Is the house comes out to 3.15 tons for coolingWhich would normally mean a 3.5 ton A/C. But they still put the 4 ton in for heating. And thats when this type of thing can happen.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?