Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No hostility....Just having a little fun . I have also learned that if putting "freon" in it wont work you can always add some dye to it and blame it on the defrost control. even if its a straight A/C. I learned that from a guy i worked with in the past. Let me tell you how good he was. The guy didnt even own a meter....his guages were frankenstien made ...............manifold in the garbage here ... spare guage there...found some hoses over there. Quality baby....quality!! And in all seriousness..... I give you the upmost respect for serving this country. i got many friends who have been and some still there.

Well I have been. twice.

And don't need to go back. But I would if they'd let me.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by RLEE2344 View Post
    you can say what you want but look at any research done on mechanical eqipment and you will find that trane is on top. the only thing with the trane name that was garbage was the water source systems and they out sourced those to another company and quickly stopped production. But im sure you may be one of those that checks a charge with that 5 appendage temp probe at the end of your right arm. so there is no point in arguing. I bet you can fix anything with a box full of potential relays and some "freon" right? As for selling the logo panels to hide the unit??? Are you serious. why dont you just paint it bright pink and put some go kart flags on all 4 corners and you might draw the same amount of attention to it
    I see you are one of the Tranewashed.

I learned how to charge and check charge with SH, and SC before you knew what they were.

Its terrible someone pointing out that Trane isn't any better then another brand.

Freon is a Dupont trade name. I use refrigerants when they are needed.
    Weather it be R12,134A,404A,414A,416B,409A,408A,407C,410A,500, or 502.
    I'm not stuck on a brand name.

Now go find a Trane XL1500 to look at.
    A system before its time.

Don't recall seeing any pink houses. So painting one pink wouldn't work.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I did get a buddy of mine to get me a Camel Bak.. "mule". some guys laugh and call me a ninja turtle but the laughter stops up on a roof top @ 110 degrees and im happily hydrated!

i have to admit you have impressed me. Most of the "old timers" i come across refer to freon as any refrigerant in any system. As for sc/sh..thats impressive as well. I was once told that i didnt need to do "all that garbage" all i needed to do was "feel for the rat" whatever that means.

Not my fault you only knew bad old timers.
    Contractor locator map

I was once given the oppurtunity to work with an old timer who knows this business upside down and backwards. In my opinion the smartest man i have ever met in the biz. i was fortunate to be able to work for him once i graduated tech school. If you mentioned the word "freon" you had better have a dupont drum in your hand or a run cap would soon come flyin by. i was taught the same in tech school. My favorite term is when some refer to a part being "bad" My response to that is take it out and spank it and put it back. otherwise tell me whats wrong with it.

Same applies to "air flow is good".
    Or, "all reading where right"

Reward the air flow, and give the readings an A+.

And then tell me what you were called there for if everything is "good, and right".
    Contractor locator map

Tranes ok, its not the most reliable.
    Beenthere, is there one manufacturer in particular that you think is the most reliable, or were you just saying that no manufacturer really has an edge over the other as far as reliability goes? I'm just curious.

And RLEE, York's Latitude panels may be flimsy, but I don't think their upper-end Affinity lines are. Many builder-grade, basic, cheap systems do have flimsy panels--that's one reason why they're cheaper!

RLEE...I've got like 6 camelbacks. All in storage and will probably stay there for a while anyhow.

I don't know what hydration is. I drink 1 or 2 sodas a day.

Beenthere....you forgot R-420, R-401A (or MP-39), OneShot and HotShot.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Your right, I did skip R401A, but I didn't skip or miss R420. I only listed refrigerants I have used.

Personally, currently york.

That might change next month.

OMG, next month there is good chance it could be Trane.

In reality, sooner or later, they all beak down. How harsh the repair bill is for the customer depends a lot on how well it was installed. That is what has the most bearing on what part fails. Then, how good is the tech that comes out. Is he a part changer. Or is he going to find the cause of the failure.
    Techs should fix the problem, not cure the symtom.

Ask anybody in the trade for any length of time, and they probably know of old snowball.

Its a Trane compressor that was condemned as "bad". When Trane hooked it up to test it, it ran. So they left it hooked and running simulating a low air flow/load problem. It only ran for something like 27 YEARS covered in frost.

Point of story, misdiagnostics cost customers more money, then false brand name problems.
    Contractor locator map

Good thing you aint colorblind. All them colors. WOW

You kidding. I can't remeber what color is suppose to be what.
    If I can't read the designation, I have to use a P/T chart to know whats in the bottle.
    Thats why they put it in a box with big letters and numbers. For blind people like me.
    Contractor locator map

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast