Thread: AC problems...help please

Post Likes

AC problems...help please

My airflow is not cold at all. The AC unit runs a while then eventually there will be very faint warm air coming out of the vents. I had an AC guy come out to inspect the system before and he charged my AC units without trying to detect for leaks. It was running cold for a while after the freon charge but now it is not blowing cold at all. He said my coils might be leak and it would cost up to xxx to replace the coils and he recommend to replace the whole system that could cost xxxx. If the coils are leaked, is it logical/reasonable to just replace the coils or should I replace the whole system. I have personally replace the compressor fan capacitor and the blower fan capacitor last year when I noticed this issue late in the season. I am pretty handy and an electrical engineer so I do know a little about circuits. My units are 8.5 years old. What should I do? Thanks.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    No diy or pricing allowed. Please read the rules before further posting.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in