Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Hairy, dentured ladies is what these guys desire the most.
    Oh my. And on that note...

Twilli says the only reason MrBill is helping you is because the judge ordered him too, its part of his community service
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Hmmm, okay. It just seemed odd that he walked in, heard the vents and started murmuring about voltage. Maybe you all are right and he has no clue and he just thought that would impress me.

Oh no, I am becoming uncharitable in my fatigue and frustration. I guess it's time I went to bed...and I'll check in tomorrow for any other thoughts anyone has. Can you believe I spent the whole night dreaming of HVAC issues? Go figure!
    I don't remember. Have we talked about the air handler maybe running off 120 vac instead of 240. That motor would run real slow and hum.

Probably overheat and just quit though.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says the only reason MrBill is helping you is because the judge ordered him too, its part of his community service
    Hey helping women out is not really that bad of a community service duty thank you Judge Dredd.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Twilli says that MrBill is a real sweetheart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqcpt-BKZBM

Twilli says MrBill has high hopes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=030aFu6fQbI

You may have to increase the supply air runs by adding another run into a room close to the furnace to move more air easier. Try taking the filter out for a few minutes and you may have to go to a less restrictive filter. More return air may also be required. Try removing some of the supply air registers and see if the noise lessens. Maybe different registers. Every brand has good, better, best with the less expensive equipment often being noisier. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    No you're a girl, these mutts will talk to you forever.

He might of met he should have put in a 240 vac condensate pump instead of using a 115 vac condensate pump.
    So, when they actually put in a new pump (still trying to get them to mop up the egregious install snafus. remember)...considering that I can't be confident they will put in the right one, what shall I ask and what should they check or do in providing the answer?

Good morning, you're back, sorry I couldn't follow everything that was said last night, (my internet went down just before 6:00 p.m., and didn't come back on-line until early this morning). When are they cioming back?

He came back yesterday afternoon (not the installing team--the owner-operator himself). Somewhere down the line is the full recap.

BAsically it was pulling teeth to get him to agree to fix the install problems....s/a install the kill switch on outside unit, actually replace the condensate pump with a new one... I haven't yet brought up the trap on the drain...because I'm still not sure where this would be (pump? exterior drain?) and I feel I must hold his feet to the fire on every issue.

He reduced speed on blower but said he didn't need to adjust refrigerant (didn't check static pressure). Someone has said he probably doesn't know how and I should just hire another company to optimize the system to new blower speed--I'll try once more to get him to do this and if he doesn't I'll hire out (once we save up some more money).

Along the lines of what Shophound suggested, he said he needs to change out the return duct to interior insulated one to dampen the sounds, also (for free). So at least he has a clue on that one instance...but I realize more extensive ductwork may be required on that account.

BUT, revealingly, he said the system may be oversized....whereupon I exclaimed, "But you're the one who sized the system!" We are vexed (no longer quite as perplexed).

Good part is that my husband is beginning to get involved as I tell him more of what I've learned.

Did you have your husband read through this novel, I know what I'd have said if my wife asked that of me.

Haha...most of it has been the Cliff Notes version. Although, of course I suggested he read the whole thread! I told him he'd benefit from the education I've received. It has been invaluable! Now, if I'd known all this stuff a week ago...

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Haha...most of it has been the Cliff Notes version. Although, of course I suggested he read the whole thread! I told him he'd benefit from the education I've received. It has been invaluable! Now, if I'd known all this stuff a week ago...
    It's O.K., no one asks for help or reads instructions ahead of time.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast