Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    It's a devise that meters the amount of refrigerant fed to your indoor coil. Nothing you need to worry about.....it's a bit of "shop talk" between us. LOL...you really DO worry alot!
    Yeah, but if he refuses to use it, then maybe there is something worth worrying about, no?

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Yeah, but if he refuses to use it, then maybe there is something worth worrying about, no?
    Oh, oh, oh, by meter you mean automatically meters? So he doesn't need to manually adjust after changing the blower then?

If this water on the slab is from the compressor before he slowed down the blower motor, you will have to put that compressor in traction soon, hopefully you folks have a a/c EMT in your town.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Yeah...this guy sounds like a real piece of work to me. He's more worried about the sound of the ducts (droning) than he is the fact that he is killing that poor little compressor.
    BTW, how is he killing the compresser and what can I do to save its poor little life?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    If this water on the slab is from the compressor before he slowed down the blower motor, you will have to put that compressor in traction soon, hopefully you folks have a a/c EMT in your town.

Hmmmm...I really don't know. It had rained earlier that day. But, it does clearly look like condensation on the valve/pump/whatever the heck.

BTW, how is he killing the compresser and what can I do to save its poor little life?
    Call a new contractor. He's killing the compressor because he hasn't set up the units properly. He never verified air flow....adjusting it is NOT verifying it.

Once air flow is verified, the refrigerant charge needs to be set up properly....a unit that is under or over charged runs the risk of premature death to the compressor.....well...not really a "risk" pretty much a sure thing.
    I need a new signature.....

You know you have really been patient with all of us here and our feedback and taken it all really well even some of our off topic remarks, but you from what I have seen are not getting anywhere with this guy, you need to just call another company out to finish what this guy started that's my advise. It really just ticks me off that someone would do this and make the most minimal effort to correct it. You have really grown on us here and you have been a wonderful sport and if I were there I would personally call that "crook" up and tell him off, my advise to you is print this whole thread out and mail it to him and call someone else, yes I am Pi$$ed, this person has wronged you and don't want to make any "real" effort to correct it, I personally don't believe now he even knows how to correct it.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Yep, thanks to your info last night, I knew what to ask him to do. He is just in the clouds half the time. A busy time of year, I know, but....maybe he's a "don't know" (and not a "don't care")?

Do you have any thoughts on this 110/220 issue?

Do you have any thoughts on this 110/220 issue?

?? I must have missed something here I don't know what your talking about, sorry.

You know you have really been patient with all of us here and our feedback and taken it all really well even some of our off topic remarks, but you from what I have seen are not getting anywhere with this guy, you need to just call another company out to finish what this guy started that's my advise. It really just ticks me off that someone would do this and make the most minimal effort to correct it. You have really grown on us here and you have been a wonderful sport and if I were there I would personally call that "crook" up and tell him off, my advise to you is print this whole thread out and mail it to him and call someone else, yes I am Pi$$ed, this person has wronged you and don't want to make any "real" effort to correct it, I personally don't believe now he even knows how to correct it.
    Thats exactly right...you hit the nail on the head Mr. Bill

We may have to make Wart some kind of "honorary member" look at that post count!
    I need a new signature.....

Thank you Mr Bill! It is a comfort to know that there are those out there who DO care!

I was just trying to start by following up on the "let him make it right" train of thought out there...like you said, now I don't know what to think about his lackadaisical attitude. (It's very embarrassing as well as frustrating--I feel like a buzzing mosquito, he's very friendly but keeps talking about how busy he is!) What's worse is my parents say to call him and have him replace the unit with something else (they will help pay) but I know I am stuck with it and feeling used. As I said once before--a cautionary tale!

But won't you guys have some great stories to tell someday..."Remember that worrywart from Tennessee? Worst install I have ever seen!" smile.

?? I must have missed something here I don't know what your talking about, sorry.
    Sorry, it was an earlier post I made:

"Okay, here is a possible new twist? When he first came in he was murmuring something about 110 and 220 and having to fix it. He told the neighbor on his way in that he was going to change out a motor (?) because of some current irregularity. Huh? I'm wondering if he's go too many irons in the fire and has forgotten about my case. Or maybe he is letting it slide? It never came up again and I forgot to ask (in my absolute frustration.)

Thats exactly right...you hit the nail on the head Mr. Bill

We may have to make Wart some kind of "honorary member" look at that post count!
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think I'm in danger of wearing out my welcome!

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast