Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Twilli says use your feminime charms, boys will be boys, even in Tn.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Oh no, do I have to shave my legs for this? (Gotta know country to get that one!)

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Oh no, do I have to shave my legs for this? (Gotta know country to get that one!)
    So the guy comes and reduces the blower speed but says he doesn't have to check static pressure or adjust refrigerant. The upshot is he wants to insulate the return to cut down on the reverb and duct noise. That is the first step, he says. He will also put in a new condensate pump and a kill switch on outside unit. Says (as predicted) that the 7/8 sautered onto 3/4 old line is okay because it's less than 50'.

I still think the drone is the blower sound and that it will remain regardless.

I am discouraged and tired. Wake me when it's next year. Or maybe not, if my heat pump is still droning.

So the guy comes and reduces the blower speed but says he doesn't have to check static pressure or adjust refrigerant.
    He's a moron...he might as well have just admitted that he is clueless about the true meaning of "setting up a system".
    I need a new signature.....

So the guy comes and reduces the blower speed but says he doesn't have to check static pressure or adjust refrigerant.

OMG!!! I saw the way that condenser was sweating in the picture if he reduced the blower speed can we all say it together "Thank God For TXV"s"
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Yeah...this guy sounds like a real piece of work to me. He's more worried about the sound of the ducts (droning) than he is the fact that he is killing that poor little compressor.

What's a TXV?

moron for sure

how many returns do you have on this system
    there is a change the sound you hear is the return grilles humming

when the system is running but your hand on one of the returns and see if the sounds stops and go to the next one till you done them all and see if it stops at any of them

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    moron for sure

how many returns do you have on this system
    there is a change the sound you hear is the return grilles humming

when the system is running but your hand on one of the returns and see if the sounds stops and go to the next one till you done them all and see if it stops at any of them
    There is one large return upstairs and one small 12X12 in the basement. Touching the grills changes nothing.

Man, I wish one of you was here to talk to him. I talked until I was blue in the face trying to insist that he check the static pressure to be sure the system was optimized, and asking, don't you have to adjust refrigerant now?

Does the install manual have all these specs in it? They are supposed to be giving me one.

What's a TXV?
    That is your outdoor units Savior.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

What's a TXV?
    It's a devise that meters the amount of refrigerant fed to your indoor coil. Nothing you need to worry about.....it's a bit of "shop talk" between us. LOL...you really DO worry alot!

New Twist?

Okay, here is a possible new twist? When he first came in he was murmuring something about 110 and 220 and having to fix it. He told the neighbor on his way in that he was going to change out a motor (?) because of some current irregularity. Huh? I'm wondering if he's go too many irons in the fire and has forgotten about my case. Or maybe he is letting it slide? It never came up again and I forgot to ask.

There is one large return upstairs and one small 12X12 in the basement. Touching the grills changes nothing.

Man, I wish one of you was here to talk to him. I talked until I was blue in the face trying to insist that he check the static pressure to be sure the system was optimized, and asking, don't you have to adjust refrigerant now?

Does the install manual have all these specs in it? They are supposed to be giving me one.
    If I were there I would be in your refrigerator looking for the beer.....AND....that moron wouldn't be allowed back in your home.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324 LastLast