Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
Results 144 to 156 of 303
  1. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,901
    Twilli truly hopes you can resolve your problems, Twilli loves a happy ending
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  2. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    You have to be kidding me! A three, hell no! It's a zero, put in by zeros, and supervised by a zero.

    Cut you losses now and hire someone that knows what they are doing to repair that cluster. Be prepared to put out some coin.

    Or try to contact someone from Goodman Manufacturing. Here's the real test boys. (Many know my opinion of Goodman). If they are such a great company, Goodman should pay to have this cluster done right. Then ban the sale of any Goodman equipment through their distributors to this installing company.
    Okay, now I'm a little confused. By and large folks have said that the people that put it in should fix it. So, do I give them a shot at fixing the install and operational problem, or do I cut my losses now?

  3. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    east kansas
    Posts
    8,024
    I thought you said the owner of the company inspected the work and passed.
    So no. I've seen enough in you pictures where you should not invite that company back to your house.

    I don't know if Goodman Mfg can do anything for you. I would contact them. The Goodman reps in my area do a good job of trying to make the consumer happy.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

  4. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    I thought you said the owner of the company inspected the work and passed.
    So no. I've seen enough in you pictures where you should not invite that company back to your house.

    I don't know if Goodman Mfg can do anything for you. I would contact them. The Goodman reps in my area do a good job of trying to make the consumer happy.
    Yes, he did come by and "inspect" the work. I just was concerned about the proper procedure that you in the field would appreciate. Should I tell him why I'm dissatisfied first, or go to Goodman directly? (I wonder if they would then contact him and give him a chance to "make it right.")

  5. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Suppy NC
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Yes, he did come by and "inspect" the work. I just was concerned about the proper procedure that you in the field would appreciate. Should I tell him why I'm dissatisfied first, or go to Goodman directly? (I wonder if they would then contact him and give him a chance to "make it right.")

    you saod he was coming today to talk and check things

    give him a chance and see what happens first. This guy has done work in you nieghborhood and if he wants more you concerns should be important to him

    he knows if you are not happy the rest will hear about it and he also looses

    if he is not going to make things right then call goodman and talk to all your nieghbors so they dont become victums also

    word of mouth can be a good thing or a bad thing it is his choice

  6. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    you saod he was coming today to talk and check things

    give him a chance and see what happens first. This guy has done work in you nieghborhood and if he wants more you concerns should be important to him

    he knows if you are not happy the rest will hear about it and he also looses

    if he is not going to make things right then call goodman and talk to all your nieghbors so they dont become victums also

    word of mouth can be a good thing or a bad thing it is his choice
    Yes, he did say when I called him about the drone that he checks his installs after 3 days. That would be today. It is raining though...and Saturday...I guess I should call and verify.

    I notice that he signed the install date on the unit, which I guess was his approval of the workmanship. Wish me luck!

  7. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    you saod he was coming today to talk and check things

    give him a chance and see what happens first. This guy has done work in you nieghborhood and if he wants more you concerns should be important to him

    he knows if you are not happy the rest will hear about it and he also looses

    if he is not going to make things right then call goodman and talk to all your nieghbors so they dont become victums also

    word of mouth can be a good thing or a bad thing it is his choice
    Sorry, forgot to ask...how will I know that he has indeed made it right? I mean, I expect he'll put some sort of effort in. How will I know if it is enough?

  8. #151
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    Your heat pump should be elevated, above average snow level for your area.
    I can't believe the trap on the drain line hasn't caused you water issues yet, need to get that corrected fast.
    Hey Cap, if the pump is working properly, and is equipped with a float switch, what is the source of the water issue? Won't condensate fill the trap and eventually flow out (down) to the pump in any case? Please explain.

    AM

  9. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Teehee. My life sucks right now (what with my big heat pump experiment disaster), but at least somebody likes me! :-) I guess I'm not as big an idiot as I feel right now...
    It is not YOUR job to know how to install a heat pump. That is what you hired HIM for. He should do the things he was paid to do. your problem is not your fault, it is the contractor's fault. He should now fix it.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

  10. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grundy Co. IL
    Posts
    773
    Does anyone know if the pictures could be e-mailed to someone at Goodman, I bet they would be intrested in seeing how there equipment is being installed. Unfortunately, this is the real reason certain manufacturers get a bad reputation.

  11. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neill View Post
    It is not YOUR job to know how to install a heat pump. That is what you hired HIM for. He should do the things he was paid to do. your problem is not your fault, it is the contractor's fault. He should now fix it.
    So essentially do I understand correctly that the air flow or humm issue could happen with any installer (who then would troubleshoot and correct the problem), but the horrible install on this unit leads you all to doubt whether the installer can wipe his own nose? (sarcasm intended!) I'm beginning to feel that way.

    Someone (was it Jay?) suggested it was an issue of doesn't care or doesn't know better. Perhaps I should be hoping it was an issue of doesn't care. Because then he could fix it!

  12. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 41 View Post
    Does anyone know if the pictures could be e-mailed to someone at Goodman, I bet they would be intrested in seeing how there equipment is being installed. Unfortunately, this is the real reason certain manufacturers get a bad reputation.
    Yes, any thoughts on how to do that would be appreciated! I had already thought it the isntaller can't/won't fix the issues the Goodman people really need to see those pictures!

  13. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,704
    They deserve a chance to make it right.
    If you just call another contractor in to fix it. It could be on your dime.

    Goodman's website has a contact us. You can probably email pics to them through that.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image