Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
    I had a similar problem if the unit has a GE ECM motor it could be bad bearing in motor. If it is an ecm motor you can fine tune the airflow without no problems but he will have to adjust charge.

Look we know you spent you hard earned money to get this done and we are not making light of that, most of us here are just working folks so we do understand, so please don't take our sort of humor to serious, we sincerely feel sorry for you that this has happened and the person that installed this should come back and correct some of this mess.
    Peace
    Mr. Bill
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twiili says call a lawyer and sue, Twilli used to be lawyer
    I just may give you a call, Twilli! You sort of remind me of the William Shatner character on Boston Legal! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    I had a similar problem if the unit has a GE ECM motor it could be bad bearing in motor. If it is an ecm motor you can fine tune the airflow without no problems but he will have to adjust charge.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Look we know you spent you hard earned money to get this done and we are not making light of that, most of us here are just working folks so we do understand, so please don't take our sort of humor to serious, we sincerely feel sorry for you that this has happened and the person that installed this should come back and correct some of this mess.
    Peace
    Mr. Bill
    Awww, thanks Mr. Bill. I know it's all in good fun and I quit crying over it about an hour ago.

Of course, I'll start crying again when I wake up in the morning and the guy comes out and says he doesn't see a problem with the install! Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Don't know the difference. Does anyone know what kind of motor my unit has and if this would apply?

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twiili says call a lawyer and sue, Twilli used to be lawyer

twilli i heard you sued yourself and defended your self and still lost wth

Back to the problem raised in the OP..."droning" noise. I've heard certain air handler blower wheels magnify the running bearing noise of the motor attached to the wheel. Nothing wrong with the motor, either. The metal "drum" that attaches the blower wheel cage to the motor hub can act as a resonance chamber, causing a "revolving droning" sound, especially noticeable if the house has metal ductwork. My father-in-law's AR61 Goodman air handler does this. When he bought the house it had all metal ducts in it. The noise about drove us mad. I replaced sections of metal with flex to attenuate the noise. It's now MUCH better. You can still hear the "revolving drone" by the air handler, but not throughout the house.

Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Back to the problem raised in the OP..."droning" noise. I've heard certain air handler blower wheels magnify the running bearing noise of the motor attached to the wheel. Nothing wrong with the motor, either. The metal "drum" that attaches the blower wheel cage to the motor hub can act as a resonance chamber, causing a "revolving droning" sound, especially noticeable if the house has metal ductwork. My father-in-law's AR61 Goodman air handler does this. When he bought the house it had all metal ducts in it. The noise about drove us mad. I replaced sections of metal with flex to attenuate the noise. It's now MUCH better. You can still hear the "revolving drone" by the air handler, but not throughout the house.
    Hmmmmm...that's interesting. Is there anyway to insulate the ductwork to produce the same result? I would be concerned about (a) cost and (b) durability of the flex.

Look it's easy to find out if it's air flow related or freon pumping through the lines. Heres what you do go outside and "hopefully" you have a disconnect on your outside condenser well flip that sucker off, if no disconnect well kill the breaker to the outside unit and then go back in and turn on the unit inside to the fan on position on the thermostat and see if you still hear the noise.
    As I stated earlier doing this would rule out one or the other.

As I stated earlier doing this would rule out one or the other.
    Yup, you did! And I didn't! (check it out). I was too afraid to foul around with the switches. Will have to ask my husband to do it when daylight breaks. Sorry for not following through on that immediately...it would certainly have eliminated one possibility.

worry you do have good equipment and mrbill is right we do care
    it also realy pisses some of us off bigtime wen someone does work like that

makes us all look bad imo

tat issues you have are mostly minor with the exception of the wire for the condensate pump that is a real biggy imo

say minor doesnt mean i am down playing any of them it means the unit will run but down the road these issues will cause problems you shouldnt be having.

the guy if he is ligit will step up and fix the issues

the instalation book that came with both pieces of equipment will explain in detail and also give ilastations of every thing we are saying

it also will give you the size you need for the refrigerant lines

he can not argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    worry you do have good equipment and mrbill is right we do care
    it also realy pisses some of us off bigtime wen someone does work like that

makes us all look bad imo

tat issues you have are mostly minor with the exception of the wire for the condensate pump that is a real biggy imo

say minor doesnt mean i am down playing any of them it means the unit will run but down the road these issues will cause problems you shouldnt be having.

the guy if he is ligit will step up and fix the issues

the instalation book that came with both pieces of equipment will explain in detail and also give ilastations of every thing we are saying

it also will give you the size you need for the refrigerant lines

he can not argue with that
    Okay, big surprise....

I just went down to see if the books were in the pouch on the unit....but it is empty! No manuals!

Oh my goodness, I am so in trouble.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast