Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    This guy must have built highways for a living.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Where to from here?

Okay, I guess we've pretty much established that I suck at making decisions and shouldn't be trusted with money. :-(

That being said, and given the installation pictured and my noise problems, where do I go from here? You don't know me, where I live, or who installed the baby, so I hope you won't feel too much professional compunction to be honest.

An itemized list of what to do in your professional opinion would be soooo helpful (and I do realize that I have taken up too much of your Friday night already). Maybe you can use me as a cautionary tale someday.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Pictures requested.

i am not a all impressed

there needs to be a trap installed on the drain or it will overflo at some point in time. This is required by the manufactuer and code

the condensate pump looks like the power wire is ran up through the coil and wired up direct to the unit. Should have a receptical and be plugged in for saftey

the refrigerant lines ran right in front of the blower makes for a big hassle should the blower need replacing

the refrigerant lines look like 3/4 3/8 and are to small for 3,5 ton
    should be 7/8 3/8
    not a real big deal though you are only loosing a few btus of cooling but not sure of the affect with heating mode
    these are just my picky and extremly credical opinums

the noise could be the compressor as has been said and the fix to to make sure the refrigerant lines are not tounching any wood or brick along the structure of the house.

having the blower set to high even though the air flo migh feel good it can also cause the unit to take longer to cool the house down because the temp drop will be higher at about 12 to 16 drgrees instead of 19 to 20 and more humidity in the air making 73 feel warmer the 76 with less humidity thuss costing your more to cool your house

i also did not see any filter axcess but it most likely is there

Wart.....I think it is safe to say that if you start telling your installer the things we have told you about verifying airflow and such.....he is going to have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Fact of the matter is, I could teach you more in the next ten minutes over the internet than these guys know about installation and set up. I hate to say it, but because you went with the lowest price....you got what you paid for.
    I need a new signature.....

Hey, I Bend Metal!

I guess I'm #3: Those that don't know what happened. Does anyone know how to make the crying icon?

How would you guys like to have to replace the blower motor on this?

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Hey, I Bend Metal!

I guess I'm #3: Those that don't know what happened. Does anyone know how to make the crying icon?
    Mr. Bill has a good 1.
    It's time to clear it up did your husband install this (j/king with you)

Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    Mr. Bill has a good 1.
    It's time to clear it up did your husband install this (j/king with you)
    No, although I guess I wish he had. What you guys are basically saying is I'm screwed (sorry for the crudeness), right? Nothing to do about any of it then?

Okay, I guess we've pretty much established that I suck at making decisions and shouldn't be trusted with money. :-(

That being said, and given the installation pictured and my noise problems, where do I go from here? You don't know me, where I live, or who installed the baby, so I hope you won't feel too much professional compunction to be honest.

An itemized list of what to do in your professional opinion would be soooo helpful (and I do realize that I have taken up too much of your Friday night already). Maybe you can use me as a cautionary tale someday.
    Alot of the homeowners on this site are in the same boat as you. They come on here looking for advise and we give it to them....some worse than others. You never have to worry about getting anything but the strait poop from us. I have to be honest, if one of our guys did an install like that....they would be back out there the next day re-doing the whole thing.

If you search around on this site you will see that the overall consensus is that the equipment brand is the least important part of it....it's the install that matters the most. How long do you think your car would last if they installed your engine in wrong?

Now, that's enough scolding from me...you are unfortunately going to learn your lesson on this one.

Do you have any very good and reputable companies in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    How would you guys like to have to replace the blower motor on this?

I wouldn't even want to try and test the capacitor on that one!

Where does the filter go??

No, although I guess I wish he had. What you guys are basically saying is I'm screwed (sorry for the crudeness), right? Nothing to do about any of it then?

Honestly on a scale from 1-10 and ten being the best "personally" I would rate
    this whole install at a 3 and I am being generous.

Twilli says leave it to the Vols
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

By the way Wart.....with your pictures posted up here....there are going to be ALOT of people who will start ripping that install to pieces. Don't take it personally and have some thick skin about it. Many times we can be pretty relentless on here....but you caught a few of us on a good night.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast