Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 303
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,947
    Can you provide us pictures of crimped line?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Suppy NC
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Twilli likes to have fun with new members....he's harmless....if he makes fun of you it means he likes you.



    almost right it realy means he want a picture

    slowing the blower will remove more humidity but imo should not be less then 80 percent then the rated cfms needed

    if to much can cause ice problem and flood back on the compressor this is why IBM is right the refrigerant needs to be checked.

    it is also important do have the proper static pressure at the needed cfm and slowing the blower to compensate is a bandade not a proper fix
    pictures pictures and more pictures will tell us a lot about the kind of job you recieved

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,947
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    You gotta stop hangin out with Twilla .... she's rubbing off on you

    Mr. Bill hopes Twilli rubs off on him he need all the good rubbing he can get.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Can you provide us pictures of crimped line?
    Yep, if you give me a couple of minutes, I'll try.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.E. Ok.
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Along those same lines though...I think at least one of the copper lines going into the house looks like it was crimped and then sautered (sp?)...think they just reused existing line and is that a problem?
    Lets not go there right now

    Your issue is noise a droning noise, you have to isolate it and see if it air noise or something else.

    Sounds like it may be both air and outside unit transmitting noise through the refrigerant lines.

    Looked at the same problem last week and it was the outside unit. droning noise is a good description.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    almost right it realy means he want a picture

    slowing the blower will remove more humidity but imo should not be less then 80 percent then the rated cfms needed

    if to much can cause ice problem and flood back on the compressor this is why IBM is right the refrigerant needs to be checked.

    it is also important do have the proper static pressure at the needed cfm and slowing the blower to compensate is a bandade not a proper fix
    pictures pictures and more pictures will tell us a lot about the kind of job you recieved
    Okay, I'm in process. Just racing around trying to find the dad-blamed camera (one time in my life I can't find it).

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,875
    Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you! I feel better hearing you say that you sell Goodmans and they are a good brand. I take it you don't normally have complaints about inside noise level?

    One final question about effectiveness...my husband says he doesn't want the blower speed reduced because he is convinced the system won't cool as well/quickly with reduced blower speed (I think it's a complex from having a weak old A/C for years). Will it? Why is the higher blower speed provided?

    Also, on this model, I assume it does not automatically adjust speed. Why are the other speeds provided?
    Speeds are selected based on the need of the home. If a load calcualtion is done properly, your cooling needs (BTU's) could be different from your heating needs (BTU's). Therefore, the speeds are should be set up appropriately. Your air handler could actually handle up to a 4 ton unit and down to a 3 ton unit. Thats why it is so important to make sure that the air flow is set up properly before messing with the refrigerant charge.

    A slower blower in AC mode will remove more humidity. Which equals comfort.
    A huge rush of air in cooling mode will cool the air around you, but not remove much humidty from the air...which equals crappy comfort levels.
    I need a new signature.....

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    Lets not go there right now

    Your issue is noise a droning noise, you have to isolate it and see if it air noise or something else.

    Sounds like it may be both air and outside unit transmitting noise through the refrigerant lines.

    Looked at the same problem last week and it was the outside unit. droning noise is a good description.
    So how did you resolve it?

    PS: Pictures coming.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,947
    Look it's easy to find out if it's air flow related or freon pumping through the lines. Heres what you do go outside and "hopefully" you have a disconnect on your outside condenser well flip that sucker off, if no disconnect well kill the breaker to the outside unit and then go back in and turn on the unit inside to the fan on position on the thermostat and see if you still hear the noise.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    139

    Okay, here are the pictures of teh unit/line

    Pictures requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grundy Co. IL
    Posts
    773
    Picture # 2, are you kidding me?

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,875
    OMG....was that lineset 5/8???
    I need a new signature.....

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,875
    Wart....was this company the lowest priced??
    I need a new signature.....

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event